Maple Bacon Donuts

Yum

The ultimate low carb donut recipe! Tender baked almond flour donuts topped with a sugar-free maple glaze and sprinkled with crisp bacon.

Low Carb Maple Bacon Donuts

The Maple Bacon Donut, how genius is that? Of course it’s not my genius, as much as I might wish it was. Maple-frosted donuts with bacon on top have been floating around the web-o-sphere for a while now. I believe they started in a commercial bakery somewhere and spread like wildfire to other bakeries and donut chains. And of course, many a blogger has taken a stab at a homemade version. Images of this wondrous creation pop up rather frequently on Pinterest and Instagram, so it’s only a surprise that it took me this long to create a low carb, gluten-free Maple Bacon Donut. But I have addressed this egregious error now and I apologize profusely for my oversight. It won’t happen again.

Maple-frosted donuts have long been one of  my favourites. Sprinkling them with crispy chopped bacon? Priceless.

Low Carb Gluten-Free Maple Bacon Donuts

Please see my Low Carb Maple Bacon Donuts on SheKnows.com.

Nutritional Analysis Per Donut. 214 Calories; 19g Fat (75.2% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 60mg Cholesterol; 353mg Sodium.

Grain-Free Maple Bacon Donuts

Comments

1. Susan says

Carolyn, There didn’t seem to be a sweetner listed in the frosting, just almond milk, maple flavoring, and bacon? How much sweetener is needed? Thank you!

• Carolyn says

That should read 3/4 cup powdered Swerve. Thanks for the catch, I am having them fix it now.

2. Kelly says

Hi, I really love your recipes! and this recipe looks so good!. I really love dunkin donuts sour cream dounts as well as their apple fitters donuts. Will you please make a low carb/sugar free versions, that would be so great!.

• Carolyn says

I have attempted apple fritters, and it didn’t go so well. But I am NOT going to give up!

3. Sarah G says

I get so excited when you post doughnut recipes! It’s like winning the lottery (not that I know how that feels) but with FOOD!

4. Brooke says

So yummy!!! The whole family will love this! What do you think about doing mini muffins instead of donuts?

5. Kristina says

Is that 6 net carbs? Or 6 carbs – 3 fiber for a total of 3 net carbs? That just sounds too good to be true!

• Carolyn says

Net carbs are indeed 3! Honestly, the almond flour base makes for nice, low carb donuts! Keep in mind, though, that I do not count the “carbs” in erythritol because they have little to no affect on my blood sugar and are typically considered ineffective carbs (i.e. net carbs are calculated without them). My software has trouble handling this so I leave them out altogether.