This easy Sausage Cheese Dip takes only 5 ingredients and 25 minutes to make! It’s one of my favorite keto appetizer recipes for any get together. With only 2.5g carbs per serving, it’s a must make for Game Day.
I feel like I shouldn’t say that this is the best sausage dip ever. But I have to speak my truth, people! And I think it might actually be The Best Sausage Dip Ever.
If only my words were adequate enough to tell you just how good this is. And how, every time I bring it to a party, people cluster around it, dipping and devouring.
This sausage cheese dip is the life of any party. It steals the show from all the appetizers. Although I do admit, I am partial to keto chicken wings and keto stuffed mushrooms too. That’s the trifecta of finger food, right there!
Why you will love this recipe
Seriously, though, I love finger food and appetizers – it’s honestly one of my favorite ways to eat. I love being able to taste a little of this and little of that, and then maybe head back to the best ones for another round. And this keto friendly sausage cheese dip always has me coming back for more.
It’s a great recipe for any get together because it’s ridiculously easy to make. You can cook the whole thing in one pan, and even serve it from the same pan. Fewer dishes always make me happy!
Easy sausage dip takes only five simple ingredients that you can get at any grocery store, and you can adjust the spiciness to your preferred level. In fact, you don’t have to make it spicy at all!
Ingredients you need
- Italian sausage: You can use hot Italian or mild/sweet Italian, but either way, make sure you check the labels as some contain sugar and more carbs than they should!
- Diced tomatoes: Look for petite diced tomatoes, so you get better coverage throughout the dip.
- Jalapenos: Minced jalapeños give this dip a nice kick. You can cut back on them or omit them completely, as you see fit.
- Cream cheese: Chop the cream cheese into smaller chunks for easier melting.
- Cheddar: I really love the Cabot Sharp cheddar in this spicy sausage dip!
Step by Step Directions
1. Cook the sausage: In a 10 inch skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Spoon out some of the fat if your sausage is very greasy.
2. Stir in the veggies: Stir in the tomatoes and the jalapeños and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the cheeses: Remove from heat. Add both cheeses and stir in, then cover the pan and let sit about 5 minutes, to help it melt.
4. Stir and serve: Uncover and stir until well combined, then spread evenly in the pan. Serve warm with veggies and low carb crackers.
Most sausage dip recipes take a full can of Rotel tomatoes. I lowered the carb count by using only one cup of diced tomatoes and then adding in some chopped jalapeño. You don’t need Rotel brand, especially if you are adding the hot peppers.
You want loose, bulk Italian sausage for this recipe. But if you can’t find that, get some fresh uncooked links and simply remove the casing. Then cook as directed.
I really like serving Sausage Cheese Dip right from the skillet it’s made in. It looks great in a cast iron pan, and you can just wipe the sides with a paper towel before serving. But you can also transfer it to a glass or ceramic dish for serving.
Cut the cream cheese into small pieces and add right into the hot mixture along with the shredded cheddar. I found that covering the pan and letting it sit for a few minutes helped melt the cheese and allowed it to mix in a little more easily. Keep stirring until it’s all nice and homogeneous. Then spread in the pan and clean up the sides.
Frequently Asked Questions
This creamy sausage dip recipe takes only 5 ingredients: Sausage, tomatoes, jalapeños (optional), cream cheese, and cheddar. And it’s ready in 25 minutes!
Yes, this keto-friendly appetizer dip reheats really well. You can even make it a day ahead and re-warm it before serving. I recommend placing it in a 300ºF oven for 15 minutes, or until warmed through.
This easy keto sausage dip has only 2.5g of carbs per serving.
What to serve with Sausage Cheese Dip
You have lots of delicious options for scooping up this keto sausage dip. I like to use low carb veggies like peppers, cucumbers, celery, or radish. Jicama slices would also be delicious.
I always have a stash of RealPhat keto crackers on hand and they make great dippers. My Keto Cheese Crackers would work perfectly too. And don’t forget that pork rinds make fabulous scoopers for all your favorite keto dips and spreads.
Sausage Cheese Dip Recipe
- 12 ounce bulk Italian sausage (can use sausage links, simply remove casings)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 medium jalapeños, finely minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (I used Cabot Sharp Cheddar)
- In a 10 inch skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Spoon out some of the fat if your sausage is very greasy.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the jalapeños and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat. Add both cheeses and stir in, then cover the pan and let sit about 5 minutes, to help it melt.
- Uncover and stir until well combined, then spread evenly in the pan. Serve warm with veggies and low carb crackers.