When you decided to embrace a healthier diet, everything begins to shift a little. It can be a slow evolution or it can be a dramatic schism, but either way, your perspective on food begins to change and grow. Simply by paying attention to what you put into your body, you become increasingly concerned with where your food comes from and how it is grown. And you begin to realize that the choices you make have a greater impact than just on you as an individual. You now see that the foods and products you choose have implications beyond your body and your household, to your community and the land around you. Sometimes even reaching far corners of the world.
For me, personally, it was definitely a slow evolution. When I need to change my diet for my health, that was my immediate and only concern. But then I came to understand that by choosing healthier ingredients and foods, I was making good choices not just for my body but for the world around me. It is for this reason that I try to choose organic as much as possible.
Sometimes it simply isn’t possible, but I’ve noticed that it is becoming easier and easier by the day. Really, it’s never been easier to go organic, not only for food, but for so many other household and beauty products. Organic is no longer simply the purview of little independent health food stores in some funky corner of your town. It’s no longer dominated by specialty (and pricy!) upscale stores. Organic is everywhere. Major grocery chains stock organic produce alongside the conventional produce. They have aisles of organic packaged products, in the dry goods, the freezer aisles, the dairy section and even in the meats and cheeses. And a great many of these stores carry their own lines of organic foods and beauty products at great value.
With the increase of interest in organic options, making the organic choice often isn’t much more expensive than purchasing conventional products. And the range of products and brands that are offering organic options is growing by the day. For me, I am delighted to see more brands, like In The Raw sweeteners, come out with an organic option. Organic Stevia In The Raw is a great new addition to their line up and perfect for sweetening my warm coffee drinks in the fall and winter. Since I always use organic almond milk and organic cream in my lattes, the Organic Stevia In The Raw is the perfect complement.
Organic Stevia In The Raw is USDA certified organic, non-GMO verified, vegan, and naturally gluten-free. For local readers, you can find this product at Walmart in Beaverton, OR. Find a retailer or buy online here. There is also a coupon available for you here!
And while some might say it’s too early for gingerbread, I say nonsense! The warm spices of ginger and cinnamon are always welcome, especially as the mornings get chillier.
What are some of your favorite organic products? Comment below for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 10/16/17-12/24/17.
This low carb Gingerbread Latte will warm you right down to your toes. It's a delicious holiday sipper.
- 1 cup unsweetened organic almond milk
- 1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 1/2 tsp ground ginger depending on how gingery you like it
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 shots of espresso or 1/2 strongly brewed coffee
- 2 or more packets Organic Stevia In the Raw
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the almond milk, cream, ginger, and cinnamon. Bring to just a simmer and then reduce the heat to low and let cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, pressing on the solids to release as much flavour as possible.
- Froth the creamer with a whisk or any frother, then divide between 2 coffee mugs. Pour in the coffee and sweeten to taste with Organic Stevia In The Raw.
- Top with lightly sweetened whipped cream, if desired.