These keto no bake cookies are full of peanut butter, white chocolate, and sugar free marshmallows. They’re a fun and easy way to enjoy a sweet treat without the carbs!
Look out, it’s an avalanche! Okay, so maybe it’s just an avalanche of cookies. Which I am totally okay with.
You’ve got to admit, the name of these keto no bake cookies is pretty amusing. They are actually a sugar-free copycat of the famous Avalanche bark from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
They are just as mouthwateringly delicious, but without all the carbs and sugar. Now that’s an avalanche I don’t mind being buried in. Who’s with me?
What are avalanche cookies?
If you’ve never heard of these delicious peanut butter no bake cookies, you’re not alone. I only recently discovered them myself.
I spotted this easy cookie recipe on Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts, made with white chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallows, and rice crisps.
Until recently, those of us on a keto diet would have been out of luck, since white chocolate, marshmallows, and rice crisps are clearly not keto friendly!
But now we have both ChocZero and Lily’s sugar free white chocolate chips, we have HighKey protein crisp cereal, and I have my very own sugar-free marshmallow recipe.
So making these over to a keto friendly recipe was really quite easy. And they take only about 15 minutes to make.
How to make keto no bake cookies
The hardest part about making no bake cookies is waiting for them to set! Here are my best tips for getting it right:
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. White chocolate is finicky at the best of times. Melting it gently in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water makes it much less likely to seize.
- Use some cocoa butter. This helps thin the white chocolate and peanut butter during melting, but it also helps the cookies firm up properly.
- Let the mixture cool. Don’t add the protein cereal crisps right away or they will get a bit soggy. Remove the mixture from heat and let it cool 10 minutes first.
- Stir in the chopped marshmallows. They may also melt a bit as you stir them in but it makes the cookies that much more delicious!
- Top with keto chocolate chips or some sprinkles. This step is optional but makes them extra fun. I love the mini allulose sweetened chocolate chips or the chocolate sprinkles from Good Dee’s.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best thing to do is to make your own (see the link in the recipe below). It’s easy and fun! But if you prefer to purchase them, I recommend the Max Mallows available on Amazon.
Absolutely! Just sub in your favorite keto friendly chocolate chips in place of the white chocolate.
Try using crushed pork rinds, as they have a similar texture. Try to choose pork rinds that have little to no seasoning or flavor.
For this recipe, I would suggest either the Frosted or the Honey Nut. All the rest have stronger flavors that will come through in these no bake cookies.
Yes, this is a great recipe to make a day or two ahead. Just be sure to keep the cookies in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
If it’s not too hot out, they can be stored on the counter in a covered container. But if the weather is warm, I recommend storing them in the fridge.
More easy no bake keto recipes
- Keto Peanut Butter Mousse
- Mini No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Keto Cheesecake Bites
- Banana Pudding for Two
- Sugar Free Peppermint Patties
- Keto Chocolate Pudding
Keto No Bake Cookies
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the white chocolate chips, peanut butter, and cocoa butter. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove the bowl from heat and let sit 10 minutes to cool, then stir in the cereal and chopped marshmallows until well coated.
- Drop by the spoonful onto the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with a few mini chocolate chips or sprinkles, if using.
- Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.