These low carb no bake peanut butter bars are the ultimate keto snack! Sugar free and grain-free. So easy to make and my kids swear they taste like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Okay, I lied. Despite my claims of never making New Year’s Resolutions, I did actually make one this year. And so far, I am well on target to meet and possibly exceed that goal. Yay me! Of course, it helps that it’s not a resolution that requires any sort of personal deprivation or major self-sacrifice. I suck at those kind of resolutions and I give them up pretty quickly.
But I tested the waters of this goal a little earlier and found to my surprise that is was fun and not nearly so hard as I thought. And being someone who doesn’t really do things by halves, I find myself jumping in with both feet. What is this resolution? Simply put: to bring my readers more low carb instructional videos for 2016.
I am having a ridiculously good time coming up with these little how-to videos for you. I am by no means a seasoned videographer and my shooting and editing skills leave a lot to be desired. But they’ve been so well received and people are such visual learners, it only makes sense to keep going.
And why not start with a classic low carb dessert recipe that everybody loves? My kids go nuts for these easy to make keto no bake peanut butter bars. They swear that they taste just like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. And who am I to argue with young wisdom?
Young wisdom aside, it is well established that chocolate and peanut butter are a perfect combo, as evidenced by:
- my Chocolate Peanut Butter Molten Lava Cake
- Christi’s Peanut Butter Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes
- my Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Becca’s Extreme Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
So my first goal was to bring you 1 recipe video per month, but now I can see it will probably be more than that. Some of them will be live action and some of them will be based on still photographs, but either way you will get a really good visual idea of how to make some of my recipes. I am even going back and creating them for some of my older recipes too.
So there you have it. More low carb recipe videos for 2016. And should I slip and falter a bit, feel free to remind me of my resolution. I make no serious promises, but I do intend to try my best. I resolve to try my best!
Looking for a Paleo or Vegan version of this peanut butter bars recipe? Check out these Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars by Beaming Baker.
BEST NEW KETO COOKBOOK!
- 3 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with wax paper or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, melted peanut butter, sweetener, vanilla, and stevia. Stir in peanut flour until dough comes together (it will be like a dough, not like a batter).
- Press dough firmly and evenly into prepared baking pan. To really get it even, cover it with more wax paper or parchment paper and use a flat-bottomed glass or measuring cup to press).
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a heat proof bowl. You can do this in the microwave (short 30 second increments, stirring in between) or over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Pour over bars and use a knife or offset spatula to spread to the edges. Refrigerate 1 hour until set.
Serves 16. Each serving has 3.69 g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 216kcal
Total fat: 18.72g
Calories from fat: 168
Total dietary fiber: 3.52g
Do you love peanut butter & chocolate as much as I do? Follow my All Things Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pinterest Board for fun ideas (not all low carb).