These air fryer pork chops are tender, juicy, and super easy to make. Topped with sage brown butter sauce, they make a perfect keto meal any day of the week. Stovetop instructions included.
I’m just going to go ahead and call these what they are: the best damn air fryer pork chops ever.
How dare I be so bold? Well, I’ve made them three times in the last month and I just pulled out some more chops so that I can make them again tonight. They are so good and so easy to make.
I love these keto air fryer pork chops so much, I’d be happy eating them at least once a week. And for a woman who likes a lot of variety in her meals, that’s saying something!
Why you will love this recipe
This recipe takes only 3 ingredients and 25 minutes to make. You might almost think that it’s too simple to be any good!
But over time, I’ve come to realize that the simplest recipes can be the best. This is particularly true of keto dinner recipes, where fussy methods and time consuming steps don’t necessarily make a meal taste any better. As long as you are starting out with high quality ingredients, a straightforward approach is all you need to bring out the best flavors.
There is nothing more straightforward and more delicious than these Keto Air Fryer Pork Chops. Just brush them with a little butter, season with salt and pepper, and toss them in.
They are delicious as is, but adding some sage brown butter makes them spectacular. Juicy, flavorful, and tender. You will be putting this one into heavy rotation, just as I have.
“Wow! That browned butter and fresh sage really make a difference! These taste incredible!! Yum!” — Betsy
“Thank you Carolyn! This was a delicious dinner and so quick and easy. I’ve tried many of your recipes and all have been amazing. I so appreciate your talents.” — Tonya
“I made these last night. So delish! I had bone in thinner chops and they were amazing. Thank you for a lovely recipe!!” — Beverly
Ingredients you need
- Pork chops: You can use either boneless or bone-in pork chops. Just be sure they have a nice rind of fat on them and are 1 to 1 ¼ inch thick. See more of my tips below.
- Butter: Butter adds such wonderful flavor to the pork chops, as well as help give the chops the browned color. It is also used to make the sage brown butter sauce.
- Fresh sage: You will swoon over how the chopped sage gets crispy.
- Salt and pepper
1. Pat the pork chops dry. Melt one tablespoon of the butter and brush over both sides of the chops. Then sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Place the chops on the air fryer rack and cook at 400ºF for 10 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, until the chops register 140ºF on an instant read thermometer. Remove to a platter and tent with foil.
3. Place the remaining butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Let melt and then continue to cook until the butter become a rich amber brown, about 4 minutes. Watch it carefully to avoid burning.
4. Remove from heat and immediately add the chopped sage. It will sizzle and crisp in the hot butter. Serve the pork chops with the browned butter and sage spooned over top.
Air fryer pork chops come out astonishingly well, but you do have to take some precautions so that they stay juicy and don’t dry out. You want them to brown nicely on the outsides too.
Start with good quality chops with a nice rind of fat on them. It doesn’t matter if they are bone-in or boneless, as I’ve made this recipe with both, but they should be 1 to 1 ¼ inch thick. I like to get chops from my local farmer’s market.
Brushing the pork chops with melted butter ensures that they brown nicely in the air fryer. Make sure to flip the pork chops once halfway through, to allow both sides to brown nicely.
An instant read thermometer helps test them for doneness. You do not want to go above 140ºF. Depending on their thickness and whether or not they have the bone, you will want to test them at 16 to 18 minutes or so.
If your air fryer is on the small side, just do two pork chops at a time. You don’t want to crowd them as it impedes the browning process.
Don’t have an air fryer? Not to worry, you can still enjoy these keto pork chops with sage brown butter. Simply follow the pan-frying instructions I give for my Smothered Pork Chops recipe, and thenmake the butter sauce while the chops are resting.
Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend using an instant read thermometer to see if your pork chops are done. You do not want these air fryer pork chops to go above 140ºF. Depending on their thickness and whether or not they have the bone, you will want to test them at 16 to 18 minutes.
You can store any leftover pork chops in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze pork chops for up to 6 months.
This air fryer pork chop recipe has 0.7g net carbs per pork chop.
What to serve with air fryer pork chops?
You could serve these as is and be happy. But the simple brown butter sage sauce I created makes them absolutely divine. And so very keto-friendly, coming in at less than 1g total carbs per serving.
But I have plenty of other suggestions. Try them with some keto mushroom gravy, or top them with a roasted poblano sauce for a southwestern flair. You could also brush them delicious sugar-free BBQ sauce.
What about sides? Oh my, the possibilities! I paired mine with some caramelized Brussels sprouts and Roasted Delicata Squash. But they would also be amazing with this mashed cauliflower, or some cauliflower risotto. Really, any good keto side dish would do.
Air Fryer Pork Chops with Sage Brown Butter
- 4 medium boneless pork chops *see recipe notes
- 6 tablespoon butter divided
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Pat the pork chops dry. Melt one tablespoon of the butter and brush over both sides of the chops. Then sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the chops on the air fryer rack and cook at 400F for 10 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, until the chops register 140F on an instant read thermometer. Remove to a platter and tent with foil.
- Place the remaining butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Let melt and then continue to cook until the butter become a rich amber brown, about 4 minutes. Watch it carefully to avoid burning.
- Remove from heat and immediately add the chopped sage. It will sizzle and crisp in the hot butter.
- Serve the pork chops with the browned butter and sage spooned over top.