Tender keto chocolate chips cookies stuffed with sugar-free peanut butter cups. Seriously, low carb desserts do not get any better than this. This post is sponsored by ChocZero.
If you’ve followed my blog for a while now, you will know that I am a huge chocolate peanut butter lover. Huge!
It’s easily my biggest weakness and I make no apologies for my obsession. I have created probably close to a hundred keto chocolate peanut butter recipes and I have no plans on stopping any time soon.
A few of my favorite recipes include:
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Keto Peanut Butter Pie
- Easy Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Homemade Keto Peanut Butter Cups
The list goes on and on and on. But peanut butter cups have always been one of my favorite treats. And while I can make my own keto friendly version at home, it’s time consuming to say the least.
So when ChocZero came out with their delicious no sugar added peanut butter cups, I did the chocolate peanut butter happy dance!
Get creative with peanut butter cups
Besides just sitting there and eating these tasty treats, you can have a lot of fun using peanut butter cups in your keto baking.
I’ve made Keto Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Brownies, and my hugely popular Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Pizza. And very soon, I will be bringing you a recipe for the Keto Peanut Butter Poke Cake I made for my husband’s birthday.
The ChocZero PB cups come in milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate too. So you can eat them or bake with them, no matter what your favorite flavor is!
ChocZero is offering my readers 10% off with code FOODDREAMER whenever they purchase any ChocZero goodies!
Creating Keto Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
I created this recipe on a whim over the holidays and they were such an instant hit with my kids, I knew I needed to make them again.
The only trouble was that the keto chocolate chip cookie recipe I was using made almost 20 stuffed cookies. Which means it requires 20 peanut butter cups, so you’d need to purchase 4 bags.
That’s a lot of keto peanut butter cups and costs a pretty penny. The second time around, I made a half batch of the cookie dough (yep, I even split the egg!), and made 10.
That’s a much more reasonable amount of these decadent Keto Stuffed Cookies.
Tips for making this recipe
These peanut butter cup cookies are fun and easy to make. Here are my best tips for getting it right:
Make the cookie dough:
This is an almond flour cookie dough and it’s super easy to make. As I mentioned above, this is a half batch which means splitting an egg.
You can easily make the full batch of cookie dough and just make a few regular cookies with it too. You can also refrigerate or freeze the dough for a future use.
How to split an egg for baking:
If you do want to make this recipe as written, there are several ways to measure out half an egg. You can either:
- Simply measure out 2 tablespoons of whisked egg, since most large eggs are about 1/4 cup in volume.
- Whisk the egg in a liquid measuring cup and measure it more exactly, and then use half of that volume.
Either way will work well for this recipe.
Use muffin liners:
I recommend using silicone or parchment liners here. The dough will stick to regular paper liners too much. If you happen to have a silicone muffin pan, that works as well.
Add the peanut butter cups:
I found that the best method was to roll the dough into 10 even balls and place them in the center of each muffin cup. Then I took the peanut butter cups and pressed them right down into the balls, forcing the cookie dough outward and upward.
Let them cool properly
I say this pretty much constantly, so ignore my advice at your own risk! If you try to take the stuffed cookies out of the muffin cups before they are cool, they may fall apart.
The hot melty peanut butter cup might burn your tongue too!
These delicious keto peanut butter cup cookies are fine on your counter for 4 or 5 days. They can also be refrigerated for up to 10 days.
More delicious keto cookie recipes
- Keto Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Keto Do-si-do Cookies
- Keto Thin Mints
- Keto Oreos
- Keto Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Keto Lavender Shortbread Cookies
Keto Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with silicone or parchment paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, baking soda, and salt. Add the egg, butter, and vanilla extract and stir until the dough comes together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 10 balls and place them into the prepared muffin cups. Press a keto peanut butter cup directly into the center of the ball until the dough pushes up the sides of the muffin cup.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until the cookie dough is golden brown on the edges. Remove and let cool completely in the pan.