These keto white chocolate blondies with caramel sauce are over-the-top delicious! This post is sponsored by ChocZero.
Holy moly, these keto blondies are good. If you’re a white chocolate lover, or a caramel lover, or a hybrid white chocolate and caramel lover, this is the keto dessert recipe for you.
The advent of keto friendly white chocolate has changed the keto baking game. I feel like I owe a debt of deep gratitude to ChocZero for taking on this project. They’ve made my job infinitely more fun.
Because let me tell ya, trying to make your own sugar-free white chocolate is an exercise in frustration. I tried numerous times in the past and it was chalky and awful. So I resorted to using cocoa butter to “fake” a white chocolate flavor.
But these chips make it ever so much easier and I’ve made so many great classic recipes, including White Chocolate Panna Cotta and Keto Cranberry Bliss Bars. And I don’t plan on stopping any time soon!
White Chocolate Blondie Inspiration
White chocolate and blondies are clearly a match made in heaven, and there are so many yummy possibilities there.
I had a lot of ideas for this one but then I spotted this recipe from Jane’s Patisserie and I knew I had to make my own version. All that gooey caramel dripping down a tender blondie just cried out to be keto-fied!
Of course, her recipe took store-bought caramel. But I truly do believe I have the best keto caramel sauce recipe and it’s easy to make. So I whipped up a batch and got baking.
Tips for Keto Caramel Blondies
These are so easy to make and the basic recipe is similar to my Keto Brown Butter Blondies, but I modified it. Here are a few tips for getting this recipe right:
- Make the caramel sauce in advance and let it cool. If you add it hot to the blondies, it will melt the chips into nothing.
- The extra egg yolk makes them extra gooey! If you don’t want to have a leftover egg white hanging around, you can just use the one whole egg but I recommend the yolk.
- Caramel extract will amp up the caramel flavor but vanilla is fine too.
- I’ve discovered that using baking soda rather than baking powder in cookies and bars gives them a fabulous consistency. They puff up during baking and then sink upon cooling, and they end up more chewy. But if you don’t have baking soda, try 1 tsp baking powder.
- These will take longer to bake than other blondies, because of the added egg yolk and the caramel swirl. Don’t be surprised if they take at least 30 minutes.
- You may not end up using all the caramel sauce… that’s okay, it’s fabulous on keto vanilla ice cream!
More Delicious Keto White Chocolate Recipes
- Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Peppermint Pound Cake
- Keto Tiger Butter Fudge
- Keto White Chocolate Caramel Cups
- Mini White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecakes
- Keto White Chocolate Berry Cheesecake Blondies
White Chocolate Caramel Blondies
- Make the caramel sauce according to the directions and set aside to let cool. Preheat the oven to 325F and grease an 8×8 inch metal baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sweeteners for 2 to 3 minutes, until lighter and fluffy. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat until well combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter in the pan. Dollop about half the caramel sauce over the batter and swirl in with a knife.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the center is mostly firm but still a little gooey (it can seem a bit wet but some of that is the caramel sauce).
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan. Cut into bars and drizzle with more caramel sauce, if desired (you may need to re-warm the caramel gently in a pan).