Looking for a tasty mini low carb cheesecake recipe? These little individual keto cinnamon roll cheesecakes are easy to make and they really hit the spot! This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill.
I’ve know I have mentioned this before but I get no end of inspiration from my fellow food bloggers and recipe writers. While some of my recipes spring from the deep dark depths of my own fevered brain, more often than not, I am inspired by a recipe someone has done already. Because I see so many amazing and delicious dishes that I want to make myself. Or rather, that I want to make OVER. Because chances are good that the recipes that catch my eye are decadent, sugar-filled creations from conventional food bloggers or recipe magazines. Chances are that these folks have never used almond flour and don’t have any clue what erythritol is.
And that’s just the way I like it. I actually try to steer clear of my fellow low carb blogger’s recipes. Not because I feel some sense of competition but because I don’t want to ever copy their ideas. Accidentally or intentionally. It’s amazing how often we do hit upon similar ideas and create similar recipes, so I just tend not to read their blogs at all. In the spirit of collaboration, we often work together to help promote each other. But I keep my eyes averted and try not to look at what went into creating their recipes. So that if I do, by chance, come up with something similar, I know it’s not any sort of intentional imitation. There are some sketchy folks who, in an effort to get ahead, copy the popular recipes of other food bloggers. I don’t ever intend to be one of them. I know I can make it on my own steam, thank you very much. And I have more recipe ideas in this fevered little brain of mine than I will ever be able to make in this lifetime.
But these sweet little low carb cheesecakes are absolutely a copy of someone else’s work, albeit made with very different ingredients. I spotted some gorgeous Mini Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes on Life Love and Sugar and I saved them for a future craving. And that future craving happened to be a few weeks ago, so I pulled them up in Pinterest and got to work. Of course I had to change the crust and use my trusty go-to Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour. And the sweetener went from sugar to “non-sugar” – perhaps I should call my blog Life Love and No Sugar? I played with the amounts of the other ingredients as well, until the fillings and toppings seemed right to me. Oh and I only made a half batch, so that it’s a little more manageable. You can always double it if you think you need more.
These keto cinnamon roll cheesecakes absolutely exceeded my expectations. They were firm but creamy and had a lovely cinnamon “sugar” flavour. They really did taste like cinnamon rolls in cheesecake form. They held up well too. I had two leftover as we headed out to catch a flight to Toronto, so I popped them into a tupperware and stuck them in my bag. They made a delicious airplane treat for my husband and me, and helped keep me from succumbing to other not-so-healthy choices.
Many thanks to Bob’s Red Mill for partnering with me to bring you this post.
Mini Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes
2 hrs 30 mins
3 hrs 20 mins
Looking for a tasty mini low carb cheesecake recipe? These little individual keto cinnamon roll cheesecakes are easy to make and they really hit the spot!
Calories: 237 kcal
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 5 tbsp Swerve Sweetener divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- 3 tbsp confectioners Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a muffin pan with 6 parchment or silicone liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener and cinnamon. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Divide among the prepared muffin cups and press firmly into the bottom. Bake 7 minutes, then remove and let cool while preparing the filling.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300F. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 3 tablespoons of the sweetener together until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and egg until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons sweetener and the cinnamon.
- Dollop about 3/4 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture into each of the muffin cups and sprinkle with a little of the cinnamon mixture. Repeat 2 more times. If you have any leftover cinnamon "sugar", reserve to sprinkle on after the cheesecakes are baked.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes, until mostly set but centres jiggle slightly. Turn off the oven and let them remain inside for 5 more minutes, then remove and let cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until set.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with powdered sweetener until well combined. Beat in vanilla extract and heavy cream.
- Transfer to a small ziplock bag and snip the corner. Drizzle decoratively over the chilled cheesecakes.
Mini Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20.59g 32%
Saturated Fat 10.94g 55%
Cholesterol 53mg 18%
Sodium 166mg 7%
Total Carbohydrates 4.63g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1.69g 7%
Protein 4.63g 9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.