These mini keto chocolate cream pies are a fabulous no-bake dessert. Rich and creamy, with no added sugar and an easy brownie crust, these little desserts are fun and easy to make. And a hit with chocolate lovers!
Looking for an easy keto chocolate dessert that tastes like heaven? These individual servings of chocolate cream pie are just the thing. A no bake brownie crust, creamy sugar free chocolate pudding, and an airy whipped cream topping – what more could you ask for?
I’ve been wanting to make keto chocolate cream pie for a while now. But as I already have a luscious full-size keto chocolate mousse pie, I decided I needed a bit of a different approach. Mousse and pudding aren’t exactly the same, but they are certainly closely related.
So why not little mini no bake pies in dessert cups? Easy and fun to make, and built-in portion control!
Mini Cream Pie Inspiration
Let’s face it, mini desserts like this are da bomb for so many reasons. They’re cute and appealing to kids and adults alike, and they’re often easier to make. Plus they’re perfectly proportioned and easy to serve.
Many people on keto want exact serving sizes and that’s hard to do with full size pies and keto cakes. I am terrible at cutting even slices sometimes and I know I am not alone.
I spotted these mason jar cream pies from Girl Inspired and they looked like the perfect solution to my pie dilemma. Sweet mini jars full of keto chocolate cream pie are perfect – no baking required. Yum!
How to make mini keto cream pies
This is such a fun and delicious recipe, you’re going to want to make them again and again. Here are my best tips for getting it right:
- The crust consists of crushed keto brownie bites and some melted butter. Stir these together and then divide between 6 dessert cups. Press firmly into the bottom to create a no-bake crust.
- I realize that the HighKey Cookies that I used are not available everywhere so you have some options. Any keto chocolate cookie would work, including the chocolate wafers from my Keto Oreos (you’d only need about ¼ of the recipe).
- You can also simply whisk some almond flour, cocoa powder, powdered sweetener, and butter together, similar to the crust from Keto Peanut Butter Pie (only make a half recipe).
The chocolate filling
- The filling for chocolate cream pie is simply a rich chocolate pudding. In this recipe, I adapted my coconut milk pudding for dairy. You could really do either version here.
- Pudding from scratch requires properly tempered egg yolks. You don’t want to dump the yolks right into the hot cream or they will cook too quickly and your filling will curdle and be lumpy. So be sure to slowly add some of the hot cream to the yolks to help bring up their temperature more gradually.
- Divvy up the filling into the cups while it’s still warm, then refrigerate the cups until the pudding is set.
- Beat the cream with the powdered sweetener until it holds stiff peaks.
- I like how the pies look with the topping piped on decoratively. But they will still be delicious if you simply spoon it over.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! You will need to double all of the ingredients for a pie that serves 10 to 12.
You bet. Check out the How To section for the best alternatives for the crust.
For dairy free chocolate pies, you can use my chocolate coconut milk pudding for the filling and coconut whipped cream for the topping. The brownie bites do contain dairy so you will want to make your crust from scratch.
Keep the pies in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You can make them ahead by a day or two but plan on consuming them within 4 days. This is not a recipe that will freeze well.
Curious about the little chocolate curls I put on top? It’s actually really easy and fun. Instructions below! But you can also simply shave a little bit of sugar free dark chocolate over the tops of the mini pies.
How to make sugar free chocolate curls
These little chocolate garnishes are fun and easy to make. They do add a bit of carbs to your recipe so keep that in mind and use sparingly. This makes too many for the pudding but it’s hard to work with smaller amounts.
- In a small bowl, melt 1 ounce sugar free dark chocolate (such as ChocZero or Lily’s) with 1 teaspoon butter or coconut oil. You can double or triple this if you want a lot of curls.
- Turn a metal baking sheet upside down and spread the mixture over it very thinly.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up a bit. It should be just barely set, but not rock hard.
- Use a sharp knife to scrape the chocolate from the pan. If it’s the right temp, it will curl up. If it’s too hard and breaks, leave it out for a few minutes. If it’s too soft, return to the freezer for a minute or two.
- Place the finished curls on a plate and freeze until firm. Store in the freezer and use as garnish on your favorite keto desserts!
More keto chocolate dessert recipes
- French Style Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Keto Chocolate Truffles
- Death by Chocolate Ice Cream
- Mini Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- Keto Sex in a Pan
- French Silk Pie for Two
Keto No Bake Chocolate Cream Pies
- 1 bag HighKey brownie bites
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon powdered Swerve Sweetener
- Take a rolling pin or a meat mallet and crush the brownie bites until they are coarse crumbs. Pour into a bowl and stir in the melted butter.
- Divide the mixture among 6 small dessert dishes (each about 4 oz capacity). Press firmly into the bottom.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, hemp milk, and Swerve. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth. Slowly add ½ cup of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking continuously.
- Slowly whisk the tempered egg yolks back into the saucepan of hot cream. Reduce the heat to medium low and sprinkle with the glucomannan, whisking continuously. Stir in the cocoa powder and cook until the mixture thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Divide between the 6 dessert cups and refrigerate until set, 2 to 3 hours.
- Whip the cream with the powdered sweetener until it holds stiff peaks. Spoon or pipe over the filling once it sets.