These no bake keto cheesecake bars taste just like the orange creamsicles you loved as a kid! They’re easy to make and are totally sugar free and grain free. Whip some up today!
I’m going to be straight up honest and tell you that creamsicles were never my favorite flavor as a kid. Given the choice, I’d go with something chocolatey, like Fudgsicles. And of course I have a recipe for Keto Fudgsicles, which we make all summer long. If I had to pick something fruity, I’d go with cherry or lime.
Orange was pretty low on my list of flavors, even if it did have a creamy vanilla center.
But I have to admit that these keto creamsicle bars have made me change my tune. Orange, vanilla, and cream are simply gorgeous together, especially over a shortbread crust.
If I could have a do-over, I am pretty sure I would have eaten more creamsicles in my childhood. Lesson learned!
Updated Keto Creamsicle Bars Recipe
This recipe isn’t brand new, as it happens. I created it back in 2017, and I used stevia as the sweetener in both the crust and the filling.
And I got a number of comments from readers indicating that they found the bars to be quite bitter. Stevia is tricky that way and while mine turned out well, this was not the case for all readers. It seemed that some brands of stevia interacted with the orange extract to create a bitter flavor.
I do not like to have recipes on All Day I Dream About Food that aren’t over-the-top spectacular. That’s a tall order at times, because all of us experience these sweeteners a little differently.
But as stevia is quite overpowering to many people, I decided to update this recipe and make it more palatable to more people.
And boy, is it palatable. I discovered a whole new appreciation for creamsicles with this new version!
How to make keto creamsicle bars
This is an easy no bake cheesecake bar recipe. It only takes about 25 minutes to make, and the hardest part is waiting for them to firm up. Ready to get started?
The crust is simply a no-bake shortbread, consisting of 4 ingredients:
- almond flour
- powdered sweetener
- melted butter
If you can’t use almond flour, try another seed or nut flour in its place. Coconut flour does not make a good crust like this, it will be too crumbly and dry.
For the sweetener, as long as it is powdered, it should work well. A granular sweetener will be too gritty for this no bake recipe.
As with many no bake cheesecakes, this one requires gelatin to help it set properly. It is not optional and I cannot recommend any good substitutes. I recommend good grassfed gelatin, rather than the commercial Knox gelatin found at most grocery stores.
- Dissolve the gelatin with the orange juice first. Yes, this recipe uses orange juice. No, it’s not enough to raise the carb count appreciably. Yes, it’s still keto. No, I am not going to offer you any substitutes.
- Beat the cream cheese with more powdered sweetener. Again, as long as the sweetener is the powdered kind, you can use whatever you like. Do be forewarned that sweeteners that include allulose may take longer to set. And some are more concentrated so be sure to read the package and see how sweet it is in compared to sugar.
- Use both vanilla and orange extract. Creamsicles are made with a vanilla ice cream center and this helps mimic that same flavor.
- Slowly drizzle in the gelatin mixture as you beat the cream cheese mixture, until well combined and smooth.
- To achieve a pretty orange color, use just a little a natural food coloring. There are a number of options but I like the powders from Color Kitchen.
- Spread the filling over the crust and refrigerate. This is where some patience is required, because it needs to set for 3 to 4 hours, at least.
- Garnish with some whipped cream and small slices of orange or some fresh orange zest. I like to cut long strips of orange zest with a cocktail peeler.
Storage information for keto creamsicle cheesecake bars
As with most cheesecake recipes, these bars need to be refrigerated at all times. They can be made ahead by a day or two, and cut into squares when you plan to serve.
More delicious no bake keto recipes
- Keto Snickers Cheesecakes
- Easy Keto Brownie Parfaits
- 5 Minute Keto Peanut Butter Mousse
- Dairy Free Keto Peppermint Patties
- French Style Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
Keto Creamsicle Bars
- Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Turn out into the prepared baking pan and press firmly and evenly into the bottom. Use a flat-bottomed glass or measuring cup to even it out as much as possible. Freeze while making the filling.
- Pour the juice into a microwave safe bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin. Heat on high for about 20 to 30 seconds, and stir to dissolve the gelatin. Let cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then beat in the sweetener, orange zest, vanilla extract and orange extract.
- Slowly drizzle in the orange juice/gelatin mixture with the beaters running. Beat in just enough natural food coloring to achieve a light orange color.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and spread evenly with an offset spatula. Chill until firm, 3 to 4 hours.