This is the low carb peanut butter dessert of your dreams! Ooey gooey peanut butter lava cake. This keto lava cake recipe is sure to please.
Stop the presses! Hold the phones! Call in reinforcements! Stop, stop, stop whatever you are doing right now and run to your kitchen to make these keto molten peanut butter lava cakes. Because these are, without question, every peanut butter lover’s dream dessert. Warm and rich and gooey and melty, they just ooze peanut butter sweetness all over your plate. It will be love at first bite, I promise you. And they are even more heavenly with a good drizzle of my low carb chocolate sauce on top.
If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen a sneak peek of these last week. I couldn’t help myself, I had to get a little video of the gooey insides of these individual cakes oozing out all over the plate. I was so utterly delighted with myself when these worked out so well and I wanted to share them right away. Alas, it takes longer than that to edit photos and write up recipes for a blog post. So I settled for a little teaser, with the promise that the real deal wouldn’t be far behind.
So here they are. I was inspired by a fellow blogger’s post for Double Peanut Butter Lava Cakes on Wishes & Dishes. Of course, her version was made with peanut butter chips, sugar and flour so I had to think long and hard about how I was going to make them over. The funny part is that my first experiment turned out perfectly from the start but I wasn’t ready to get photos at that point, as I had whipped them up after dinner. I made them again a few days later but I accidentally under-baked them and I think I may have used extra large eggs instead of the standard large. The third time I tried them, I over-baked them because I was worried about under-baking them. It was the fourth time that I got it just right and was able to not only get gorgeous photos but some fun video as well.
Rest assured, however, that it won’t be the last time I make them. If I had my way, I’d make them every day. Peanut butter rules!
Oh, did you want to see that little video clip of this ooey, gooey delight???
Peanut Butter Molten Lava Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 4 small (about ½ cup capacity each) ramekins very well. I used both butter AND coconut oil spray.
- In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, and coconut oil. Cook on high in 30 second increments until melted. Stir together until smooth.
- Whisk in powdered sweetener until smooth. Whisk in eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Then whisk in almond flour until smooth.
- Divide batter among prepared ramekins and bake 12 to 15 minutes, until sides are set but the center still jiggles a bit. Remove and let cool a few minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around the inside of the ramekin to loosen the cakes. Cover each with an upside-down plate and flip over to turn the cake out onto the plate (you may need to give it one good shake, holding the plate and ramekin together tightly).
- Drizzle with low carb chocolate sauce and serve immediately.