Nothing is more refreshing on a hot summer day than a cool glass of raspberry limeade. This easy sugar-free beverage takes 4 ingredients and only 15 minutes to make.
It’s been a long hot summer, and I am all about the frosty, refreshing beverages. But make mine sugar-free and keto-friendly, please!
I love a big glass of Keto Iced Coffee or sugar-free Brazilian Lemonade. And my whole family loves Caramel Keto Frappuccinos on a hot day.
This raspberry limeade recipe is an older one that I decided to revisit and update. We have a huge raspberry patch in our backyard and it can produce quite a lot of berries. What better way to use them up than making a thirst-quenching drink?
Why you will love this recipe
When you want something other than water to quench your thirst, reach for this sugar-free raspberry limeade. It has such a fresh, tart-sweet flavor that pre-made drinks just can’t replicate.
And it’s so easy to make! You only need four ingredients and 15 minutes before you can enjoy it. Kids love it too. You can’t beat that gorgeous eye-catching color.
Best of all, you get the added nutrition benefits from making it yourself. Both raspberries and limes are high in many vital nutrients that our bodies need.
Ingredients you need
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Raspberries: You can use fresh or frozen berries, it really doesn’t matter.
- Limes: I highly recommend using freshly squeezed lime juice for this recipe. Bottled juice simply doesn’t taste the same.
- Sweetener: You can really use any sweetener you like here, although I like allulose because it stays in solution. Erythritol sweeteners tend to settle out to the bottom of the limeade as it sits.
- Electrolyte drink mix: This ingredient is optional but it has two functions. For one thing, it amps up the raspberry flavor. For another, it makes the limeade even better for you! I love the LMNT raspberry drink mix.
Step by Step Directions
1. Simmer the berries: Combine the berries, the sweetener, and one and a half cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook about 3 minutes.
2. Strain the mixture: Mash the berries with a wooden spoon and strain through a sieve, pressing on the solids to release as much juice as possible.
3. Add the lime juice: Stir in the lime juice and another 3 cups of water. Stir in the electrolyte drink mix, if using.
4. Add additional sweetener: Taste the limeade and add more sweetener to taste. Then serve over ice or refrigerate until chilled.
Straining the berries: Raspberries have a lot of small seeds that make the texture of raspberry puree unpleasant. Straining the berries through a sieve removes the seeds but allows the raspberry flavor to come through.
Sparkling limeade: For a fun, fizzy drink, try replacing the 3 cups of water in Step 3 with soda water or seltzer.
Make it a cocktail: Try adding 1 ½ ounces of vodka or rum to your keto raspberry limeade for a delicious sugar-free cocktail.
Limes are relatively low carb compared to most fruits. A medium lime has 7g of carbs and 1.6 grams of dietary fiber. 1 cup of lime juice has 20g of carbs. Used in moderation, limes and lime juice can be consumed on a keto diet.
Limeade is a beverage made from lime juice, but it contains additional water and is sweetened. This keto limeade recipe uses sugar-free sweeteners for a refreshingly healthy summer beverage.
Most sweeteners will work in this raspberry limeade recipe. I used allulose because it stays in solution better than erythritol. But as long as you stir the limeade prior to pouring it, you can use what you like best.
More keto raspberry recipes
Sugar-Free Raspberry Limeade Recipe
- In a medium pot, combine the raspberries, 1 ½ cups of the water, and the sweetener. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Mash the raspberries up with a wooden spoon
- Set a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour the raspberry mixture into the sieve. Let drain, pressing on berries to extract as much juice as possible.
- Pour into a pitcher and add the lime juice and remaining 3 cups of water. Add the electrolyte drink mix, if using.
- Taste and add more sweetener as desired. Refrigerate for 1 hour until chilled, or simply serve over ice.