This easy keto frappuccino is like having your own personal barista! It’s deliciously creamy and sweet, and totally sugar-free. And far healthier than anything you can get at a coffee shop.
Tis the season for cold and refreshing drinks. And nothing is more refreshing, or more delicious, than a good keto caramel frappuccino.
We make this homemade frappe recipe at home all summer long. Believe me when I say that it’s a little bit addictive. It’s so smooth and creamy, with that perfect balance of coffee and sweet caramel. With a little drizzle of keto caramel sauce, it’s the ultimate keto coffeehouse experience.
And be forewarned: if you share it with family members, be prepared to be hounded on a daily basis. My kids start asking for it the moment the weather starts to warm up. I know if the mercury rises above 80F, I will hear that familiar refrain:
“Mom, can you make keto frappuccinos today???”.
Better than Starbucks
Yes, I really am bold enough to claim that my keto frappuccino recipe is better than Starbucks. How do I dare?
Well, it’s just as smooth and creamy, possibly even more so since it takes cream right in the drink itself. It also has fabulous caramel flavor with the addition of caramel extract and some salted caramel collagen.
But most importantly, it’s so much healthier. Even if you order a sugar free Frappuccino at Starbucks, it’s still full of junk. It contains artificial sweeteners and flavors, low fat milk, and other additives to make it thicker.
Trust me, making your own keto frappuccino at home is just as easy, just as delicious, and so much better for you!
How to make a keto frappuccino
It only takes 5 minutes and a few simple ingredients! Here are my best tips for the perfect keto frappuccino
- Use a good blender. Not every blender is up to the challenge!
- Start with crushed ice. The blender has to work a lot harder with whole ice cubes, so pre-crushed ice helps.
- Use powdered coffee. Liquid coffee waters down the frappe too much. I like using the Starbucks Via packs but you can also use instant espresso powder.
- Powdered or liquid sweeteners are best.
- Collagen optional. You don’t have to add it, but it ups the nutrition and it helps thicken the frappuccino.
- Flavor with extract. Don’t use the junky syrups full of artificial sweeteners and flavors. A little caramel or vanilla extract gives you all the flavor you need.
- Top with whipped cream for the full frappuccino experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
You bet. Try adding coconut cream in place of the heavy cream. You can top it with some coconut whipped cream too.
Top of the line blender like BlendTec and Vitamix are best. But Ninjas are great and significantly less expensive. KitchenAid also has a good blender line.
You can use any sweetener you prefer here but make sure they are liquid or powdered sweeteners. Granular sweeteners tend to make the frappuccinos quite gritty.
Nope! It’s totally optional but it does help thicken the drink. And if you’re making the caramel version, using the salted caramel collagen from Perfect Keto really takes it up a notch.
Heck yeah! Have fun with it. Vanilla extract would be delicious, and adding in a little cocoa powder would turn it into a mocha.
Well I made my own and it’s linked in the recipe. But ChocZero also makes a delicious sugar free sauce that’s great for these.
More refreshing keto beverages
- Sugar Free Brazilian Lemonade
- Keto Frosted Strawberry Lemonade
- The Best Sugar Free Margaritas
- Keto Avocado Smoothies
- Sugar Free Root Beer Floats
- Green Tea Frappuccinos
Keto Caramel Frappuccino
- 1 ½ cups crushed ice
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or hemp milk
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 packet Starbucks VIA© Ready Brew Coffee (or 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder)
- 2 tablespoon powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 2 tablespoon salted caramel collagen (or plain collagen)
- ¼ teaspoon caramel extract
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream for topping Optional
- sugar free caramel sauce for drizzling Optional
- In a high powered blender, combine the ice, almond milk, whipping cream, coffee, sweetener, collagen, and caramel extract.
- Blend until smooth. You may need to stop several times and stir the ingredients with a rubber spatula in between.
- Pour into a glass (or split between two glasses). Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce, if desired.