Cool off with this delicious keto friendly strawberry frosted lemonade. Made with healthy whole ingredients and no added sugar, this frosty keto drink will quickly become a warm weather favorite!
It’s hot out there. Like wildly, ridiculously hot. And this sweet keto frosted lemonade is your first line of defense against the blazing heat.
With the sweet taste of fresh strawberries and lemons, and a rich creamy smoothness, it’s just about as refreshing as any keto treat can be!
My kids love this stuff. It’s one of their favorite warm weather treats, along with keto popsicles and keto frappuccinos. And since it’s quite healthy, with no added sugar at all, I am more than happy to make them all summer long.
Healthy Frosted Lemonade Recipe
I have never been to Chick-Fil-A and I am not about to start going now, so I’ve never actually had the original. But there are so many recipes for homemade frosted lemonade recipes and they look so refreshing.
Upon closer inspection, however, I was horrified to see the ingredients. A full can of lemonade concentrate and 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream for a recipe that only makes 2 servings.
That’s a ridiculous amount of sugar! So it was time to do a little experimenting. I wanted to make it just as easy and just as delicious, but with a fraction of the carbs.
How to make keto frosted lemonade
Frosted lemonade typically takes store-bought ice cream. And there are now many wonderful keto ice cream brands on the market now.
So you could easily use one of those. But you could also try my little hack, which will save you money and lower the carb count. It’s a trick I’ve used before in my Easy Keto Root Beer Floats.
Here’s how it works:
- Whip some heavy whipping cream with sweetener and vanilla.
- Dollop onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze until firm.
- Add to a blender, then add fresh strawberries and lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add some additional ice and water to thin it. Blend again.
Voila! Keto frosted lemonade.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can do that if you like, and I recommend at least 1/4 cup per glass of lemonade. However, my version saves you money and it also reduced the carb count significantly.
You bet! Coconut whipped cream would work just as well in this recipe.
I don’t recommend it, as the ice melts and it thins out as it sits. If you don’t need 4 servings, you can make just enough for one or two at a time. The whipped cream dollops can be frozen for several weeks.
Absolutely! Raspberries would be delicious, as would plain lemonade. Blueberries might be good too, just keep in mind that they have a higher carb count.
More keto strawberry recipes
- Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
- Sugar Free Strawberry Margaritas
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake
- Fresh Strawberry Scones
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake
Keto Frosted Strawberry Lemonade
- In a large bowl, whip the cream with the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Dollop large spoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- Once frozen, peel the whipped cream from the paper and place in a large blender. Add the strawberries, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of the sweetener. Blend until smooth.
- Add the ice and water and blend until well combined. Taste and add more sweetener if desired.
- Pour into 4 glasses and serve.