A fantastic collection of keto popsicle recipes. Beat the heat with these easy sugar free treats.
I don’t know about you but I am craving something icy cold and delicious. It’s seriously hot out there and it’s only going to get hotter over the next few months. Now is the time to indulge in sugar free keto popsicles.
I seem to come up with several new and delicious keto ice pops every year. So I have updated this post to include some of my newer popsicle recipes, because as far as I am concerned, you can never have too many.
Why you should make your own sugar free popsicles
There are so many great reasons to make your own healthier popsicles at home. Here are just a few for you to consider:
- It’s easy! It’s honestly ridiculously easy and far easier than most keto dessert recipes. Just whip up your mixture, pour it into the molds and a few hours later, they are ready to enjoy.
- They’re inexpensive. A good popsicle mold costs only about $15, and the sticks cost about $5 for several hundred.
- Healthier ingredients. Store-bought sugar free popsicles are often full of junk with no redeeming nutritional value. The contain artificial sweeteners, maltodextrin, and other scary additives. Making your own allows you to control the ingredients and choose the healthiest option.
- Dairy-Free options: It’s easy to make a few simple substitutions for dairy free, so if you’re lactose intolerant, you can still enjoy them!
- Keto ice cream bars! If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can pour any ice cream mixture into a popsicle mold instead.
Have I convinced you yet? Well maybe these wonderful recipes will!
How to make keto popsicles
You will need:
- Popsicle molds: These come in all sorts of shapes and sizes but I like the ones that mimic old fashioned popsicles. Whatever you choose, make sure they are BPA free.
- Popsicle sticks: I recommend the wooden sticks over plastic, as they grip the popsicle much better and don’t pull out while you are trying to unmold them.
- Keto friendly sweeteners: You have plenty of options for sweetening your popsicles.
- A good blender: Not required but it certainly helps!
- Ingredients: Think berries, citrus, cream, coconut milk, nut butters… they are all delicious!
- Combine your ingredients: You can blend them or whisk them together. Some recipes, like pudding pops, have you cooking the ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Pour into the molds: Use a funnel or a piping bag for less mess.
- Add the sticks: If the mixture is thick enough, you can add the sticks right away. If not, freeze the popsicles for an hour first, then press the sticks in.
- Freeze: Popsicles require at least 4 to 6 hours freezing time so plan ahead.
- Unmold: Heat water in a kettle and run it over the outside of the molds for a few seconds. Then gently tug on the sticks and the popsicles should come free easily.
Ready to make your own healthy keto popsicles? Check out these recipes for some inspiration!
Keto Popsicle Recipes
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- Keto Fudgsicles
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Popsicles
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles (dairy free)
- Keto Root Beer Float Popsicles
- Sugar-Free Neapolitan Popsicles
- Coffee White Chocolate Popsicles
- Raspberry Coconut Cream Popsicles (dairy free)
- Vanilla Pudding Pops
- Pina Colada Popsicles
More Sugar Free Popsicle Recipes
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding Pops on A Sweet Life
- Sugar-Free Creamsicle Pops on Swerve Sweetener
- Strawberry Rhubarb Popsicles on A Sweet Life
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Cheesecake Popsicles
- Cold Brew Coffee Popsicles on Swerve Sweetener
- Triple Melon Popsicles on Keto Diet Blog
- Blueberry Yogurt Ice Pops from Low Carb So Simple
- Lemon Buttermilk Popsicles on Mom, Can I Have That?
- Tiramisu Pops on Keto Adapted
- Strawberry Lime Popsicles from Wicked Stuffed
- Mocha Frappuccino Popsicles on Low Carb Layla
- Almond Joy Popsicles from Beauty and the Foodie
- Creamy Key Lime Popsicles from Keto Diet Blog
- Raspberry Coconut Chia Pudding Pops from Skinny Taste
- Mock Jello Pudding Popsicles from Briana Thomas
- Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Bars from Gwen’s Nest
- Strawberry Creamy Popsicles on Keto Adapted
- Raspberry Mascarpone Popsicles from Keto Diet Blog
- Lemony Melon Ice Pops from Low Carb So Simple
- Mojito Lime Popsicles from Holistically Engineered
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Sage Popsicles from Whole New Mom
- Lemon Cheesecake Popsicles from Holistically Engineered
- Lime Popsicles from Fit Mom Journey