Deep Dish Soul Bread Pizza
A delicious deep dish low carb pizza with soul! This keto grain-free crust is light and airy and can stand up to whatever toppings you decide to pile on there.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp half and half (or 2 tbsp cream and 1 tbsp water)
- 1 cup whey protein isolate
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar-free tomato sauce
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 12 inch skillet well (it doesn't need to be cast iron although that is the best for this purpose).
- In a large blender jar, combine the cream cheese, butter, eggs, and half and half. Blend on high for 30 seconds and then scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Add the whey protein, baking powder, garlic powder, cream of tartar, and salt and blend for another 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet. Bake about 15 to 20 minutes, until top is just firm to the touch and edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spread with tomato sauce, sprinkle with cheese and top with pepperoni (I like to put some pepperoni under the cheese as well as over the cheese).
- Bake another 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove and let cool a few minutes before slicing.
Food energy: 364kcal Total fat: 25.73g Calories from fat: 231 Cholesterol: 155mg Carbohydrate: 4.26g Total dietary fiber: 0.14g Protein: 20.82g