Keto peanut butter popsicles are the perfect indulgence for peanut butter lovers. Smooth and creamy, and dipped in dark chocolate for an extra special treat.
Looking for an easy keto dessert that tastes like biting into a peanut butter cup? Well stop right there. These peanut butter popsicles are absolutely dreamy!
Trust me, I take my chocolate and peanut butter very seriously.
There is no shortage of keto peanut butter recipes here on All Day I Dream About Food. I make no secret of my love for the salty sweet peanut spread. And I love using it to create decadent sugar free treats.
If you love peanut butter like I love peanut butter, stick with me, kid! We’re going to have some fun.
How to make peanut butter popsicles
This is such a simple recipe with easily accessible ingredients. It takes only about 20 minutes of prep time!
- Cream cheese
- Creamy peanut butter
- Powdered sweetener
- Heavy cream
- Sugar free dark chocolate
- Cocoa butter or coconut oil
- Combine the first 5 ingredients
- Fill the popsicle molds
- Add the popsicle sticks
- Freeze until firm
- Dip in chocolate
Tips for this recipe
- You can combine the popsicle ingredients together in a bowl, or you can use a good blender to blend them up.
- The filling mixture is quite thick and hard to get into the molds. A few readers gave me a great tip: use a piping back to fill the molds with less mess. Also be sure to tap the molds firmly on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Always melt the chocolate in a double boiler, with some cocoa butter or coconut oil. This helps avoid seizing and thins out the chocolate coating so it’s easier to dip.
- These peanut butter popsicles are very rich and filling. I recommend using smaller molds (2 oz or so), like these molds here. If you only have larger molds, simply fill them two thirds full.
- To get the popsicles out of the molds, simply run very hot water up and down the outside, then gently tug on the popsicle stick.
Dairy Free Option
Making dairy free peanut butter popsicles is easy. Simply use dairy free cream cheese like Kite Hill or Violife. Then swap out the heavy cream for some coconut cream.
And make sure your sugar free chocolate doesn’t have any added dairy. Dark chocolate is the best option.
More delicious keto popsicles
- Keto Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- Sugar Free Root Beer Float Popsicles
- The Best Keto Fudgsicles
- Neapolitan Popsicles
- Blueberry Creme Fraiche Popsicles
Keto Peanut Butter Popsicles
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter, sweetener, vanilla extract, and heavy cream until well combined and smooth.
- Spoon or pipe into 12 popsicle molds and tap molds firmly on counter to release as many air bubbles as you can. Place popsicle sticks in the center of each (wooden sticks are preferable as they stay in the popsicles better).
- Freeze 4 hours until firm. Remove from the molds by running hot water over the outside, then gently twisting the sticks until they release. Keep in the freezer until ready to dip in chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper and place in the freezer. Set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Add the chopped chocolate and cocoa butter and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Dip a popsicle into the chocolate coating about half way, then let excess drip off back into bowl.
- When the chocolate is firm, place on the cookie sheet in freezer and repeat with the remaining popsicles.