These sheet pan keto chicken fajitas come together in 35 minutes, start to finish. It’s a one pan meal bursting with bold flavor. And it’s a meal the whole family will love.
I think you already know by now that I am very taken with sheet pan meals. They’ve become a standard in my house, because they are fast, easy, delicious, and infinitely versatile. And when you’ve got three hungry teenagers around, easy recipes like this are of the utmost importance.
This recipe for sheet pan chicken fajitas has actually been on the blog since 2016. It may have been my first foray into sheet pan cooking, now that I think about it. But I decided to give it a bit of an update, with a few tweaks and some new photos.
And when I made it again, I remembered just how good it is. Tender slices of chicken, peppers, and onions with tons of bold fajita flavor. And so ridiculously easy to pull together. It’s the ideal weeknight family dinner.
Keto Chicken Fajita Ingredients
The best part about a sheet pan recipe like this? 6 simple ingredients that are readily available just about anywhere.
- boneless, skinless chicken (I recommend using thighs for juicer chicken)
- peppers (one whole green pepper, and half each red and yellow peppers)
- onion (just use half to keep the carb count down)
- taco seasoning (be sure it has no additives like sugar or starch – I like the one from Primal Palate)
- additional salt and pepper (season to taste after the fajitas are done)
Oven Baked Keto Chicken Fajitas
Sheet pan cooking is so easy, you’ll wonder why you ever cook any other way. And you can mix all the ingredients right on the pan, so you don’t dirty any other bowls or dishes.
- Slice the chicken thighs thinly for faster cooking. Keep them no more than ½ inch thick.
- Slice the peppers thinly as well.
- Lay all the ingredients out on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle with the taco seasoning and toss right on the pan.
- Spread it all out evenly again and bake!
How easy is that?
How to serve keto chicken fajitas
This is not quite a full meal unto itself, so you may find yourself wondering how to serve it. You’ve got some great options for keto sides.
I like to make fajita bowls with it and serve it over some of my Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice. You could also serve it over lettuce for a low carb fajita salad.
But it’s also great paired with some keto cauliflower wraps or bread thins, like the ones from Outer Aisle. I also recently tried these almond flour tortillas from The Keto Tortilla Company, and they’re a great option as well.
Don’t forget the toppings! These keto chicken fajitas are great with some avocado or guacamole, a squeeze of lime, and even some shredded Mexican cheese. Sour cream is delicious too.
How to store the leftovers
Don’t need 6 servings of keto fajitas? You can easily cut this down to size. But the leftovers are delicious and easy to store. Just transfer them to a covered container, and they will last in the fridge for 4 days.
Simply reheat gently in the oven or microwave.
More Mexican Inspired Keto Recipes
- Keto Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Easy Keto Taco Pie
- Keto Tamale Pie
- Slow Roasted Keto Carnitas
- Chili Verde Chicken Bake
Keto Chicken Fajitas
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice the chicken thighs into thin strips. Slice the peppers and onions thinly. Spread out the chicken and veggies on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the taco seasoning, then toss well to combine and spread out again evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or keto friendly wraps.