Holy moly! This keto-friendly chicken quesadilla recipe is going to make you dance with joy. A grain-free low carb quesadilla that will surely satisfy that Mexican food craving. This post is sponsored by KBosh Food. Please note that this post contains affiliate links.
Oh my friends, if you could only see me right now. You’d surely be giggling, watching me dance in happiness around my kitchen. Because now I can enjoy chicken quesadillas again and that makes me unbelievably happy. And when I am happy about food, I dance.
Believe me, this chicken quesadilla recipe is absolutely worth dancing for. It’s easy, incredibly flavorful, and has only 5g total carbs per serving. It’s the low carb quesadilla recipe of your dreams and it’s all made possible by these fabulous KBosh veggie pizza crusts. And I’ve got some great deals for you on the crusts so be sure to check out the discount codes below!
You may recall that I fell in love with these pre-made low carb pizza crusts recently when I made my Chicken Alfredo Pizza. I was honestly surprised that they were so good and could handle all the toppings we put on them. Since then, they’ve become a staple in my house. And they are so thin and flexible, I was quite certain that they would make amazing keto chicken quesadillas too.
How to Make Keto Chicken Quesadillas
I could, of course, make my own keto wraps with which to make the quesadillas, but that’s a whole other step and doesn’t make for an easy dinner. There are a number of keto wrap and tortilla recipes out there and I am sure a few of them are pretty decent. The tortilla recipe from Keto Diet Blog looks like one of the best to me, but it’s a fair bit of work and each tortilla comes to 7g of carbs.
I happen to have a great keto wrap recipe made with pork rinds but it’s in Easy Keto Dinners and I am not at liberty to give it out. They have only 0.4g carbs per wrap. You could also use make an unsweetened version of my almond flour crepes and use those as the tortillas, as they only have 3g of carbs. But again, both of these recipes take some time to whip up and you can’t just make chicken quesadillas whenever the mood strikes.
But the Kbosh veggie crusts take away all the extra work and make really great quesadillas. At only 3g total carbs per crust, these grain-free fit in perfectly with the keto diet. And you can really jam pack them with fabulous quesadilla fillings.
When developing this chicken quesadilla recipe, I did my research on how to make it extra delicious. I could have just purchased some cooked chicken and tossed it in there with some cheese. But I wanted to make it really flavorful so I purchased some chicken thighs, chopped them up, and cooked them with some green pepper, onions, and a little bit of taco seasoning.
Oh my that filling was so good, I had trouble not eating it all on its own and saving some for the actual quesadillas! But in the end, I was very glad I managed to control myself.
I used both the Mexi Cabbage crusts and the Zucchini crusts for this chicken quesadilla recipe. Both have been a huge hit with my family, but the Mexi Cabbage seemed more fitting. They were both delicious, though. And I love how they crisped up in the pan to give you the true chicken quesadilla experience.
More Great Keto Mexican Recipes
Low Carb Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 tbsp avocado oil divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 medium green pepper chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced white and light green parts only
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 packs KBosh Pizza Crusts
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil until shimmering but not smoking. Add the chicken and saute until mostly cooked through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the taco seasoning.
- Stir in the pepper and onions and continue to cook until the veggies are tender, another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a bowl and wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Add another 1/2 tablespoons of the oil and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Add one pizza crust to the pan and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Take half of the chicken filling and spread evenly over the cheese. Sprinkle with another 1/4 cup of cheese and lay a second pizza crust on top.
- Cover the pan and cook until the cheese is melted and the bottom is browned, 2 to 4 minutes. Carefully flip over and cook another 2 minutes. Remove and let cook a few minutes before cutting into slices
- Repeat with the remaining crusts, cheese, and filling.