A tender low carb pastry filled with sugar-free chocolate hazelnut spread. This delicious Nutella Braid makes an elegant addition to your holiday table.
It happens every year. Every dang year! You’d think I’d know better by now. After all, I do have 43 years of life experience behind me. But every year, it happens. Those darn holidays manage to sneak up on me and I am left scrambling.
No matter how much I vow to get ahead, no matter how much I promise myself it won’t happen again, I am taken by surprise. Didn’t 2016 just start? I swear I just started managing to write the correct date in my cheque book.
How can it be December already? And how do I manage that slight sense of panic that I still haven’t finished, or even really started, my holiday shopping?
Well, at least I can fuel the next few crazy weeks with some delicious keto fathead pastry!
Fathead dough is perfect for pastry
Once again, fathead dough to the rescue. It really is remarkable stuff and I’ve had a lot of fun creating my own versions such as the Magic Mozzarella Dough used in this recipe, or the coconut flour version used in my Keto Bagels.
It’s flexible and stretchy, it behaves a lot like wheat dough, and it makes fabulous keto pizza recipes and pastry. And it doesn’t even taste like eggs and cheese!
It’s really fun to play with and I have had remarkable luck in both savoury and sweet recipes. If you haven’t tried it yet, don’t be intimidated! It’s easy too.
Keto Nutella filling is delicious and festive
Now for another little tip to get through the holidays…this delicious low carb Nutella Braid for your holiday brunch. It looks very elegant and sophisticated (and like you slaved over it for ages) but is actually quite easy to make.
My whole family loves it so much, it doesn’t last long. Apparently they’ve inherited my love of chocolate and hazelnut!
The filling for this delicious keto breakfast pastry is my easy Keto Sugar-Free Nutella. It’s rich and chocolatey, with that special roasted hazelnut flavour. Every time I make a jar of this keto chocolate hazelnut spread, it disappears in a matter of days.
You simply spread the room temperature keto nutella on your fathead dough pastry and roll it up together. Then you split the roll down the centre, keeping the one end intact, and carefully twist them around each other.
More delicious keto fathead dough recipes
- Keto Cinnamon Twists
- Keto Everything Bagel Bread
- Keto Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Keto Jalapeno Popper Pizza
- Keto Spanakopita
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spread a large silicone mat or a piece of parchment paper on a work surface. Sprinkle with a little almond flour. Turn dough out onto work surface and pat into a rough triangle. Top with another piece of parchment and roll out into a 15x12 inch rectangle.
- Spread the dough with the sugar-free Nutella, leaving a 1/2 inch border all around. Roll up tightly from one edge and pinch to seal the seam.
- Cut the dough down the center, leaving one end intact. Twist the two strands around each other, making sure to keep the cut side of the strands up toward the top. Pinch the ends together.
- Transfer the whole parchment or silicone liner to a baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the braid is firm to the touch and golden brown.
- Remove and let cool, then sprinkle with powdered sweetener.
Total fat: 22.28g
Calories from fat: 200
Total dietary fiber: 3.18g