This jalapeño popper pizza recipe is a family favorite in our house. Jalapeño, bacon and cream cheese on top of a fathead pizza crust – what more could you ask for?
This keto pizza recipe made my husband fall in love with me all over again. No joke! He said it was one of the best pizzas he’d ever had, keto or not.
And the man loves his pizza. Don’t we all? There aren’t too many of us who would turn down a slice of gooey, melty pizza.
But the marriage of pizza and jalapeño poppers really is something special. It’s so good, it almost makes you wonder why pepperoni is the dominant favourite.
My family loves the flavor of jalapeno poppers. They gobbled this pizza up just as quickly as they do my Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken. Clearly I need to work bacon, cream cheese, and hot peppers into more of my keto dinner recipes!
This jalapeno popper pizza is made with my keto pizza crust. See alternatives below.
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Powder
- Cream Cheese
How to make jalapeno popper pizza
- Cook the bacon: Chop it first, as it crisps up better this way. Then drain on a paper towel-lined plate while you make the crust.
- Prepare the keto pizza crust: Fathead dough can be a bit tricky so make sure you read the step-by-step instructions and tips in that recipe.
- Roll out the dough: Place it on a large piece of parchment paper, top with another piece of parchment, and roll out to a 12 inch circle.
- Pre-bake the crust: Fathead dough needs to be pre-baked so it won’t be soggy. I like to do this on a pizza stone as it crisps up better. But do NOT put the dough directly on the stone or it will stick. Make sure you keep it on the bottom piece of parchment.
- Spread with the “sauce”: In this recipe, the sauce is softened cream cheese with a little garlic.
- Top with shredded cheese: I like the combination of mozzarella and cheddar for gooeyness, colour, and flavour.
- Add the bacon and jalapeno: Sprinkle the pizza generously with the cooked bacon and sliced pepper.
- Bake again: Return the pizza to the oven for another 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Alternative keto pizza crusts
I really do love my classic fathead pizza crust for this recipe, but you do have other options.
- For a nut-free keto pizza crust, use a half recipe of the dough from my keto bagels. Then roll out and prepare as directed below.
- You can also try the crust from my keto breakfast pizza. You will need to either cut the crust recipe in half or double the toppings.
- Finally, you can try some pre-made keto crusts like KBosh or Outer Aisle.
Got leftover jalapeno popper pizza? Awesome! It makes a great lunch or even another dinner.
Store the leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Then simply gently rewarm in the oven or in the microwave.
More delicious keto jalapeno recipes
- Keto Cheddar Jalapeno Muffins
- Easy Keto Cornbread
- Cheddar Jalapeno Meatballs
- Cheddar Chorizo Jalapeno Poppers
- Jalapeno Cheese Bread
- Jalapeno Popper Egg Cups
Keto Jalapeño Popper Pizza
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 recipe fathead pizza crust
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large jalapeño pepper thinly sliced(with seeds if you like it hotter, without if not)
- Cook the chopped bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crisp. Let drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the dough on a large piece of parchment paper. Cover with another piece of parchment and roll out to a 12 inch circle. Remove the top parchment and roll up edges of circle slightly to create a crust edge.
- Transfer the bottom parchment with the crust to a pizza stone or a large cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the center is beginning to firm up. Remove from the oven.
- In a small bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese and the garlic. Spread this evenly over the crust. Top with the mozzarella and cheddar, and sprinkle with the chopped bacon and sliced jalapeño.
- Return to the oven and bake another 10 minutes or so, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.