This peanut butter ice cream cake is not only low carb and grain-free, it’s also no churn and no bake! It’s incredibly simple to make but it tastes like you slaved over it. The perfect keto frozen dessert.
This summer is fuelled by all sorts of low carb ice cream treats. I simply cannot get enough. I want All. The. Ice. Cream! And I have so many delicious recipes to share with you.
I re-posted my classic Keto Vanilla Ice Cream, and I also created a decadent Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake. And now I am updating this post for peanut butter ice cream cake. And trust me, my friends, I am not yet done. I’ve got plenty more low carb ice cream treats up my sleeve!
Really, it’s the best way to enjoy the summer, I think. And it makes me so happy that it’s easy to make ice cream in a keto-friendly way. It makes sense when you think about it. What is ice cream besides cream, milk, vanilla and sugar? Switch out the milk for more cream, and switch the sugar for your favorite sweetener. And voila! Keto ice cream.
No Churn Keto Ice Cream
It’s also easy to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. I love my ice cream maker but sometimes it’s nice not to have to drag it out from the pantry and set it all up.
Still, it has its trade offs. No churn ice cream is lighter and a bit fluffier than properly churned ice cream, because you use whipped cream to give it structure. Some people don’t enjoy the texture quite as much.
For me, I think it has its own special thing going on. The texture isn’t quite the same but it can save time and expense if you don’t want to purchase a full ice cream maker. Or if you just have too many kitchen gadgets already and don’t want to purchase another one!
And for an easy ice cream cake like this, you really won’t notice the difference in texture.
No Bake Brownie Base
This low carb ice cream cake is also great because it features a no-bake brownie base. It’s high summer and you don’t feel like turning on the oven. I get it! You don’t have to for this special treat.
I’ve made no bake brownies before and it’s really quite easy. I find nut butter to be the best way to get that fudgy brownie texture without an oven.
Obviously for a peanut butter ice cream cake, I used peanut butter in the base. I simply melted it with some butter, and then worked in the dry ingredients.
Depending on what kind of peanut butter and cocoa powder you use, the brownie mixture can be quite thick. You want it to be like a stiff cookie dough but you don’t want it to be crumbly. It should hold together when you squeeze some in your hands. So work in just enough water until does so.
Anyone with an egg allergy will love this recipe, since there are no eggs in either the brownie base or the no churn ice cream.
How To Make Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake
Both the brownie base and the no churn peanut butter ice cream are quite easy to make. The hardest part might be waiting for it to set in the freezer! But here are a few tips for the best keto ice cream cake:
- Use a springform pan. This makes it much easier to release the sides and have a perfect ice cream cake. As far as I am concerned, a springform pan is a must on a keto diet, as it’s ideal for keto cheesecakes too. I highly recommend a glass bottom springform pan, as it looks much prettier to serve from.
- Press the brownie base firmly and evenly into the pan. I do this by covering it with waxed paper and using a flat bottomed glass or measuring cup.
- Use a thick base for the no churn ice cream. In this recipe, I used sour cream. Don’t worry, it doesn’t taste at all like sour cream in the finished product. But it does provide the proper structure for the final product.
- Use any peanut butter you like best. I prefer the all natural creamy kinds that don’t have a ton of oil at the top. My favourites are Justin’s Classic or the Thrive Market brand.
- Beat the remaining whipping cream to stiff peaks. This is a hallmark of no-churn ice cream recipes, since it also helps provide structure.
- Be patient! Now you just need to let the whole thing freeze for at least 4 to 6 hours before serving.
It’s especially good drizzled with a little sugar free chocolate syrup before serving.
Want more No Churn Keto Ice Cream Recipes?
Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter and butter together until smooth. Stir in the cocoa powder, sweetener, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Stir in the almond flour. The dough will become very stiff and hard to mix. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you have a cohesive but stiff dough.
- Press evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Top with a layer of waxed paper and smooth with a flat-bottomed glass or measuring cup. Refrigerate while preparing the ice cream.
No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream:
- In a large bowl, beat together the sour cream, peanut butter, and ¼ cup of the sweetener. In another large bowl, beat the whipping cream with the remaining ¼ cup sweetener and the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold whipping cream into peanut butter mixture until well combined and no streaks remain. Spread ice cream over brownie base and freeze until firm, 4 to 6 hours.
- Before serving, drizzle with a little low carb chocolate sauce, if desired