This peanut butter ice cream cake is not only low carb and grain-free, it’s also no churn and no bake! It’s incredibly simple to make but it tastes like you slaved over it. The perfect keto frozen dessert.
This summer is fuelled by all sorts of low carb ice cream treats. I simply cannot get enough. I want All. The. Ice. Cream! And I have so many delicious recipes to share with you.
I re-posted my classic Keto Vanilla Ice Cream, and I also created a decadent Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake. And now I am updating this post for peanut butter ice cream cake. And trust me, my friends, I am not yet done. I’ve got plenty more low carb ice cream treats up my sleeve!
Really, it’s the best way to enjoy the summer, I think. And it makes me so happy that it’s easy to make ice cream in a keto-friendly way. It makes sense when you think about it. What is ice cream besides cream, milk, vanilla and sugar? Switch out the milk for more cream, and switch the sugar for your favorite sweetener. And voila! Keto ice cream.
No Churn Keto Ice Cream
It’s also easy to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. I love my ice cream maker but sometimes it’s nice not to have to drag it out from the pantry and set it all up.
Still, it has its trade offs. No churn ice cream is lighter and a bit fluffier than properly churned ice cream, because you use whipped cream to give it structure. Some people don’t enjoy the texture quite as much.
For me, I think it has its own special thing going on. The texture isn’t quite the same but it can save time and expense if you don’t want to purchase a full ice cream maker. Or if you just have too many kitchen gadgets already and don’t want to purchase another one!
And for an easy ice cream cake like this, you really won’t notice the difference in texture.
No Bake Brownie Base
This low carb ice cream cake is also great because it features a no-bake brownie base. It’s high summer and you don’t feel like turning on the oven. I get it! You don’t have to for this special treat.
I’ve made no bake brownies before and it’s really quite easy. I find nut butter to be the best way to get that fudgy brownie texture without an oven.
Obviously for a peanut butter ice cream cake, I used peanut butter in the base. I simply melted it with some butter, and then worked in the dry ingredients.
Depending on what kind of peanut butter and cocoa powder you use, the brownie mixture can be quite thick. You want it to be like a stiff cookie dough but you don’t want it to be crumbly. It should hold together when you squeeze some in your hands. So work in just enough water until does so.
Anyone with an egg allergy will love this recipe, since there are no eggs in either the brownie base or the no churn ice cream.
How To Make Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake
Both the brownie base and the no churn peanut butter ice cream are quite easy to make. The hardest part might be waiting for it to set in the freezer! But here are a few tips for the best keto ice cream cake:
- Use a springform pan. This makes it much easier to release the sides and have a perfect ice cream cake. As far as I am concerned, a springform pan is a must on a keto diet, as it’s ideal for keto cheesecakes too. I highly recommend a glass bottom springform pan, as it looks much prettier to serve from.
- Press the brownie base firmly and evenly into the pan. I do this by covering it with waxed paper and using a flat bottomed glass or measuring cup.
- Use a thick base for the no churn ice cream. In this recipe, I used sour cream. Don’t worry, it doesn’t taste at all like sour cream in the finished product. But it does provide the proper structure for the final product.
- Use any peanut butter you like best. I prefer the all natural creamy kinds that don’t have a ton of oil at the top. My favourites are Justin’s Classic or the Thrive Market brand.
- Beat the remaining whipping cream to stiff peaks. This is a hallmark of no-churn ice cream recipes, since it also helps provide structure.
- Be patient! Now you just need to let the whole thing freeze for at least 4 to 6 hours before serving.
Can you believe that’s all there is to making this glorious peanut butter ice cream cake?
It’s especially good drizzled with a little sugar free chocolate syrup before serving.
Want more No Churn Keto Ice Cream Recipes?
No Churn Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup softened butter
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 to 3 tablespoon water
No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream:
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup confectioner's Swerve Sweetener divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter and butter together until smooth. Stir in the cocoa powder, sweetener, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Stir in the almond flour. The dough will become very stiff and hard to mix. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you have a cohesive but stiff dough.
- Press evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Top with a layer of waxed paper and smooth with a flat-bottomed glass or measuring cup. Refrigerate while preparing the ice cream.
No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream:
- In a large bowl, beat together the sour cream, peanut butter, and ¼ cup of the sweetener. In another large bowl, beat the whipping cream with the remaining ¼ cup sweetener and the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold whipping cream into peanut butter mixture until well combined and no streaks remain. Spread ice cream over brownie base and freeze until firm, 4 to 6 hours.
- Before serving, drizzle with a little low carb chocolate sauce, if desired
I’m missing ….a Bailey’s pie. Any ideas how i’d substitute the PB for ?, I am clueless. Thank you! Love, love your recipes all knowledgeable one! 😁
Make my keto irish cream: https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/keto-irish-cream/
And then maybe fold it into whipped cream for the filling?
Angela Sklara says
This sounds scrumptious and I so want to try this as I love chocolate and peanut butter… who doesn’t!!! The only part that has me wondering is the addition of the almond flour and not having to bake the brownie base , only refrigerate. Is is safe to eat raw almond flour like that ?
Yes. People eat raw almonds all the time.
Lisa Rose says
Can this be stored in the refrigerator after it’s been in the freezer?
I think it would melt.
Is there a dairy free substitute for whipping cream. Noticed you use it in many dessert recipes.
You can often use coconut cream but it doesn’t hold up or whip well enough for a no-churn ice cream like this. And it freezes VERY hard.
Karen Lopez says
Another awesome recipe, made your chocolate syrup to top it also! Yumm!!
Sabrina Lienhart says
This was amazing, I made it for a birthday party and everyone loved it!
Gorgeous AND delicious!!! One of my favorite keto desserts to date!! I can never resist the chocolate and pb combo and this is a winner!
Another amazing recipe. The only change I made was to skip the whipping of the cream. I just mixed 1/2 cup of cream and 1/2 cup of whole fat milk in to the whipped peanut butter sour cream base and churned it in my ice cream maker, then proceeded with the recipe. It is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Don’t forget to make the chocolate syrup!
Sounds like a good adaptation!
Made this last weekend and LOVE IT! Such a simple recipe and really satisfies my sweet craving while staying on keto diet. Husband loves it too! I have your cookbook and love those recipes too. Thanks so much.
Is there a recipe for the chocolate sauce you drizzled on top? Also is there whipped cream on top? Thanks!
Yes, it’s whipped cream. You can add or not, as you wish. Here is the chocolate sauce: https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/sugar-free-chocolate-syrup/
Can I just make the brownie base, roll into small bite size balls – drizzle with chocolate & eat like a brownie cake bite? Any idea of the carb count just for the brownie base? Thanks
You want this recipe: https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/keto-brownie-batter-truffles/
Kara Mathys @Wellnessgrit says
Mmm this low-carb peanut butter brownie ice-cream cake looks awesome and so nourishing!
Could you put the mix in an ice cream maker and just make ice cream?
Is there something I can use other then swerve? I dont have any on hand and I can’t wait for Amazon’s 2 day shipping ???? darn procrastination. Lol
It really depends on what you have.
Help! I can’t find “Powdered” swerve on Amazon. Only granular and confectioners. Is there a different brand that would substitute?
Powdered is confectioners.
Julie L Harrington says
This is an amazing dessert! I made this yesterday for my sister and nephew. They scarfed it down and took a fair amount home. Neither are keto eaters, but they LOVED this recipe, and so did I! In fact, my husband who is semi-commital (keto is all I cook) exclaimed that if all my keto creations were as delucious as this pie, he’d eat keto all the time! Thank you for such a delicious recipe. I’m having my siblings over again this weekend, and this is definitely going to be the featured dessert! Can’t wait! 🙂
Wonderful, I love hearing that!