These keto chocolate donuts are made with coconut flour and dipped in a dreamy sugar-free chocolate glaze. Keto donuts are so easy to make and take only 35 minutes, start to finish. Nut free and sugar free.
I created these mouthwatering keto chocolate donuts because I recently realized that there was a real problem on All Day I Dream About Food. Quite a serious issue that was perhaps affecting my status as a first rate low carb food blogger.
It hit me hard one day when I did a little survey of my recipes and I was stunned to discover my error. I pride myself on being pretty bright and tuned in and I’d apparently been very tuned out. And I have some serious making up to do, it would seem. Rest assured, your favourite low carb baking expert is on the case now. I won’t let it happen again.
More basic keto recipes
What it comes down to is that there is a serious dearth of classic and basic low carb recipe makeovers. See, I have this problem where I don’t like to make plain recipes. I’m always trying to jazz things up, and make them unique and interesting. It’s a bit of an obsession, really.
But with millions of people turning to me for keto baking guidance, I realize that I’ve failed them a bit. So we are addressing this issue by adding more classic recipes, and more baking tutorials. Starting with these easy and delicious Keto Chocolate Donuts.
If you’re looking for more guidance with keto baking, be sure to check out the following articles as well:
Donuts made with coconut flour
I firmly believe that coconut flour makes the best keto donuts. Almond flour can be pretty great too and I use it in my Keto Cinnamon Donuts. But I am always amazed at the perfect texture of donuts made with coconut flour.
It’s a strange ingredient that can take some getting used to if you’ve never worked with it before. But when treated properly, it produces some of the lightest, fluffiest keto baked goods.
And these keto chocolate donuts are testament to that. They are a fan favorite and have been since I first created them – even among readers who generally profess to hate coconut flour!
So if you’re skeptical, I ask you first that you try this recipe as written. You might just be pleasantly surprised.
How to make keto chocolate donuts
Want the 411 on how to make the best keto chocolate donuts? Let’s do it!
How to store keto chocolate donuts
More delicious keto donut recipes
- Maple Bacon Donuts
- Lemon Poppyseed Donuts
- Keto Samoa Donuts
- Lemon Poppyseed Donuts
- Chocolate Dipped Mini Donuts
Keto Chocolate Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a donut pan very well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract, then stir in the cold coffee or water until well combined.
- Divide the batter among the wells of the donut pan. If you have a six-well donut pan, you may need to work in batches.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes, until the donuts are set and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together the powdered sweetener and cocoa powder. Add the heavy cream and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add enough water until the glaze thins out and is of a "dippable" consistency, without being too watery.
- Dip the top of each donut into the glaze and let set, about 30 minutes.