This post is sponsored by iHerb. Deliciously light and low carb, this sheet pan shrimp recipe is perfect for Spring. It’s easy, fresh and full of flavor.
Spring is finally springing! I have to admit, I was feeling like it never really would. While we are still aren’t seeing a whole lot of sunshine here in the Pacific Northwest, it’s been warmer recently and there’s just that scent in the air. The crocuses and daffodils are blooming, there are little tiny leaves on the trees, and I have hope that true Spring weather is on its way. We’ve had a tough winter and we deserve it!
And as always happens at this time of year, I’ve begun to crave lighter, fresher meals. Asparagus is in season and every grocery store has a huge display of it right by the door. Asparagus just screams to be paired with fish or shellfish, so I grabbed a few bags of frozen shrimp and some lemons too.
And then I loaded up my iHerb cart with other healthy ingredients that I thought would compliment the shrimp and asparagus to their best advantage. They had reached out and asked me to create a light and healthy spring meal that showcased some of their amazing selection of products. Did you know that they carry over 35,000 products and ship to over 160 countries? Fantastic news for those of us on specialized diets where items we really want are often not available in grocery stores. And they’re a Google Trusted Store that provides customer service in 10 different languages, so you know you’re getting solid service.
So what to pair with my healthy low carb sheet pan dinner? I chose some Organic Valley ghee because it has a buttery flavor but is still great for Paleo and lactose-free diets. And I grabbed some Miracle Noodle Shirataki noodles…because while zucchini noodles are delicious, sometimes you want a more noodle-y noodle. Then I had a ball perusing the herbs and spices section. I wanted lemon pepper and I went with this simple Lemon Pepper mill from Drogheria & Alimentari because it had no fillers or added salt. I also grabbed this fun shaker from Garlic Gold, which has organic garlic “nuggets” and parmesan, and some dried parsley for garnish.
Really, if you’ve never checked out iHerb, now is the time! They carry such a wide array of healthy products, from vitamins and supplements to beauty products to groceries. They have many of my favourite brands and the prices are as good or better as anywhere else. And new customers will get $5 off their first order.
Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Shrimp
Deliciously light and low carb, this sheet pan shrimp recipe is perfect for Spring. It’s easy, fresh and full of flavor.
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp (tails on or off)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 packages Miracle Noodle shirataki noodles
- Dried parsley for sprinkling
- Lemon slices for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400F and spread the asparagus in a single layer. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the ghee and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how thick the asparagus spears are (you want them to be just barely tender before adding the shrimp).
- In a medium bowl, drizzle the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the ghee. Sprinkle with the lemon pepper, garlic, and salt and toss to combine. Push the asparagus to the side and spread the shrimp in a single layer on the pan.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Drain and rinse the shirataki noodles. Heat the remaining tablespoon ghee in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the noodles and stir until warmed through.
- Sprinkle the noodles with parsley and a little more of the garlic flakes. Serve the shrimp over the noodles.
Serves 4. Each serving has 3.29g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 240kcal Total fat: 12.04g Calories from fat: 108 Cholesterol: 244mg Carbohydrate: 5.22g Total dietary fiber: 1.93g Protein: 25.20g
Looking for delicious low carb, high fat recipes that really satisfy? Check out my new cookbook, The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen.
Many thanks to iHerb for partnering with me to bring you this recipe.