Now my famous low carb Brownie Cheesecake comes in miniature! A perfect keto grain-free dessert for two.
So you had to know this was coming, right? I mean, c’mon! You should have seen this coming a million miles away. You must have seen the writing on the wall. The signs were so obvious, so glaringly obvious. You’d have to be completely oblivious to have missed them. I’d even go so far as to say that this recipe was pre-destined, pre-ordained by a higher power. There was no escaping it. One could not change the course of fate. The gods of dessert decided long ago that I would be making a mini low carb brownie cheesecake for two some day in my life. And that day was just last week, when my husband was traveling and I wanted just a wee bit of healthy dessert. I am happy to say that I have fulfilled the prophecy and lived up to the dessert gods expectations.
Really, from the moment I started making low carb mini cakes, this really was an obvious one. I mean, my full size Brownie Cheesecake is far and away one of the most popular recipes here on All Day I Dream About Food. And why shouldn’t it be? Creamy dreamy vanilla cheesecake atop a thick crust of dense, rich grain-free brownie. Bam. Done. Best dessert ever. Don’t even try to find anything that tops it because that, my friends, is an impossibility.
But you know, being the best dessert ever does have its downfall. And that is temptation. When it’s that tasty, when it rivals the best conventional desserts in flavour and richness, you run the risk of wanting to plow your face right into the pan and gobble the whole thing one go. This is a course of action I do not generally recommend, except in times of extreme need and stress. Even then, I caution you to proceed carefully, as you are likely to spend a great deal of time with a tummy ache. That much cream cheese and chocolate in one go would fell even the most dedicated of dessert eaters.
Solution: make the best low carb dessert ever in miniature, just enough for you to share with a loved one. That way, if hard times hit and stress-eating is upon you, you can in fact plow your face into the pan and eat the whole thing in one go, without the resulting tummy ache. Problem solved.
Cook’s Notes: If you don’t have mini cheesecake pans, you can cook it as several mini muffin-tin cheesecakes. Be sure to line them with parchment liners for easy release. Or you could make them in a 4-inch ramekin and simply eat it straight out of the ramekin. Grease it well!
Brownie Cheesecake for Two
Cheater's Chocolate Ganache (optional):
- ½ ounce sugar-free dark chocolate chopped
- ½ tablespoon butter or peanut butter, that's good too!
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 4-inch mini cheesecake pan. Wrap bottom outside of pan in foil to avoid leakage.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Whisk in cocoa powder, almond flour, and sweetener until smooth.
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk egg until lightly beaten, then add about HALF of the egg to the bowl (reserve remaining egg for filling mixture). Add vanilla extract and whisk until well combined. Stir in chopped nuts.
- Spread in prepared mini cheesecake pan and smooth as best you can (I used my fingers). Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set around the sides but not in the center. Remove and let cool while preparing the filling.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300F.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with sweetener until well combined. Beat in the remaining egg from the crust, the sour cream, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over the brownie base and spread to the edges.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until edges are set but filling jiggles just slightly in the center.
- Remove and let cool, then refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours. Run a sharp knife around the inside of the pan and release the sides.
Cheater's Chocolate Ganache
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate together on high in 30 second increments. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cheesecake just before serving.