Death by chocolate cheesecake is simply the best low carb chocolate cheesecake recipe on the planet! You won’t believe this luscious, velvety cheesecake is keto and sugar-free. Now with a fabulous how-to recipe video!
I always feel so sad for people who say they don’t like cheesecake. As far as I am concerned, they are missing out on one of life’s greatest pleasures. Creamy, dense, velvety smooth cheesecake is just this side of heaven, really, and I have a hard time understanding how anyone could dislike it. Perhaps these people have had the misfortune of biting into an overdone, eggy, rubbery cheesecake and have written it off because of this. There are a few bad cheesecakes out there, and perhaps they are ruining the cheesecake experience for a small portion of people. What a tragedy! We should make an effort to round up those nasty cheesecakes and get them off the streets. We need to lock them away where they can no longer be a danger to themselves or to society. Solitary isolation for badly cooked cheesecakes!
How To Make Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake
But I also suspect that some people are caught off guard by tanginess of cheesecake when they expect only sweet. That’s what makes the cheesecake experience so unique and, in my opinion, so utterly delicious. But I can see how that might be a little off-putting for someone whose palate wasn’t ready for anything but sweet. My kids’ first experiences with cheesecake were not exactly successful and at one point my son declared he didn’t like it at all. However, I refused to let that be the last word, as I did not want my children to go through life without cheesecake. A cheesecake-free existence is no existence at all.
So I kept making and offering them cheesecake and eventually they all came around. They now happily enjoy cheesecake on a regular basis and there has even been some chatter about requesting cheesecake for birthdays. A course of action I wholeheartedly approve, and I’m not the only one. Take a look at this chocolate peanut butter cup birthday cheesecake recipe!
And when it comes to cheesecake, is there any better flavour than chocolate? With a chocolate crust and some gooey chocolate ganache on top? I dare you to dislike this death by chocolate cheesecake. Really, I think this one could turn any cheesecake-hater into a cheesecake-lover. It’s sweet and dense, but it still has that tangy edge that makes cheesecake so unique. This is a chocolate lover’s dream cake! You WILL think you’ve died and gone to heaven.
And now my son has declared that he doesn’t like lemon desserts. We’re still working on that one. But for now, it’s cheesecake mania over here. Sugar-free, low carb chocolate cheesecake mania.
The richest, densest, most chocolatey low carb cheesecake recipe on the planet. Your dream keto dessert recipe.
- 6 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup heavy cream room temperature
- 2 tsp melted butter for brushing sides of pan
- Crust:Preheat oven to 325F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, and sweetener. Stir in melted butter until well combined.
- Press mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, and then remove and reduce oven temperature to 300F.
- Filling:In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt dark chocolate with butter, stirring until smooth. Set aside to let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sweeteners and vanilla extract, then beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down beaters and sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat in cocoa powder and heavy cream until well combined, then beat in melted chocolate until mixture is completely smooth.
- Brush sides of springform pan with melted butter, taking care not to disturb the crust. Pour filling into pan and gently shake from side to side to even out. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until filling is mostly set but still jiggles just a little in the center.
- Remove and let cool 15 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the inside of the pan to loosen. Let cool completely. Once cool, remove sides, cover tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Topping:In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cream and sweetener. Bring to just a simmer, then remove from heat and add chopped chocolate and vanilla. Let sit 5 minutes and then whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the top of the chilled cheesecake, allowing some to drip down the sides. Chill until set.
Serves 16. Each serving has 11.49 g of carbs and 6.27 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 5.22 g.
Food energy: 378kcal Total fat: 32.98g Calories from fat: 296 Cholesterol: 112mg Carbohydrate: 11.49g Total dietary fiber: 6.27g Protein: 7.75g