These Keto S’mores Bites are the no-bake hit of the summer. Four easy ingredients and 10 minutes is all you need for these tasty sugar-free treats. So what are you waiting for?
This post is sponsored by ChocZero.
I might be slightly obsessed with Keto S’mores this summer. And I just keep finding new and delightful ways to get that classic summer flavor in a low carb form.
I already had Keto S’mores Bars, and then I created a S’mores Skillet Cookie. Now I’ve gone and done something completely crazy with these Easy Keto S’mores Bites.
The truth is that I saw a high carb version on TikTok, courtesy of my friend Dorothy from Crazy for Crust. And I instantly knew that they were perfect for a keto makeover.
Do I really need to justify myself more than that?
Why you need to try this recipe
With the heatwaves rocking the Northern hemisphere right now, I figured some no-bake keto desserts were in order. Most recipes for Keto S’mores require an oven, but with these little treats, you can stay as cool as a cucumber.
And as long as you use store-bought keto crackers, they are super easy to make! But you can also make my keto graham cracker recipe, because those are great to have on hand at all times.
Once you have your ingredients in order, these bars take only about 10 minutes to make. They do need to chill for an hour, but surely you can be patient, right?
Ingredients you need
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips: I used ChocZero’s delicious milk chocolate chips for this recipe. I found the lighter flavor of milk chocolate goes better with the marshmallows and crackers.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter, as the crackers all have a bit of salt.
- Keto crackers: I used the cinnamon crackers from Real Phat, but you could use my homemade keto graham crackers as well. Also check out the Expert Tips section for even more options.
- Keto Marshmallows: My homemade keto marshmallows are perfect for this recipe and I always have them on hand. But you may soon be able to purchase some really good sugar-free marshmallows. ChocZero has been teasing about this development for WEEKS on social media. And I can’t wait!
Step by step directions
This no-bake keto dessert recipe couldn’t be easier!
1. Line the pan: Use parchment or waxed paper to line a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Leave overhanging edges for easier removal.
2. Melt the chocolate: Set up a double boiler with a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Add the chocolate chips and butter and stir until melted and smooth.
Stir in the mix-ins: Both the crackers and the marshmallows should be chopped into about ½ inch pieces. This allows you to stir them in more easily and to spread the mixture into bars.
Let chill: Spread the mixture in the prepared baking pan and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Then use a big sharp knife to cut into bars.
Expert Tips and FAQ
Double boilers are always the best way to melt chocolate. The simmering water provides much more gentle heat, so the chocolate is less likely to seize.
Make sure you allow the chocolate to cool to lukewarm before stirring in the marshmallows. Otherwise they might melt!
Keto cracker options: You can use any keto crackers in this recipe. Most of them are savory, but you could brush them with a little melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sweetener. I really love the sea salt crackers from HighKey Snacks. You could also use their vanilla wafers.
Dairy-Free Option: Use dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in place of the butter.
Homemade keto graham crackers are a great healthy alternative from S’mores. They’re easy to make, and are naturally grain-free and gluten-free.
There is a lot of sugar-free chocolate on the market these days but not all of it is keto-friendly. Many are made with maltitol, which spikes blood sugar as much as real table sugar! I stick with ChocZero, Lily’s, and Good Sam, as all of these brands don’t spike my blood sugar and taste delicious.
Store these delicious no-bake treats in the fridge to keep them firm. They will last for several weeks.
More great no-bake treats!
- Keto Cheesecake Bites
- Strawberry Keto Panna Cotta
- Keto Peanut Butter Bars
- Dairy Free Keto Fudge
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
Keto S’mores Bites
- ¾ cup sugar-free milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups chopped keto cinnamon crackers (about 4 ounces) ½ inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups chopped keto marshmallows ½ inch pieces
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- Set a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Add the chocolate chips and butter and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from over the heat and let cool to lukewarm.
- Fold in the crackers and marshmallows until well coated in the chocolate. Transfer to the prepared pan and spread as evenly as possible.
- Refrigerate 1 hour, until firm. Then lift the bars out by the parchment and use a large sharp knife to cut into 24 mini bites or 12 larger bars.