Juicy low carb chicken thighs smothered in pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella. This easy one-pan meal will be a hit with your whole family. Keto diet recipe.
Low Carb Pizza Chicken Recipe
Riddle me this, friends: Why do chicken thighs always come in packs of 5? Isn’t that a strange number, relative to how other things come? Chicken breasts tend to come in fours, chicken legs in twos. But a package of chicken thighs always seem to contain five. Which, being a family of 5, is very convenient for me. Too often I am getting the short end of the stick, with some fabulous offer being for…a family of four. Restaurants, resorts, theme parks, they always do their package deals for four. And pre-packaged food seems to always come in amounts that are best divvied up between TWO kids, not three. A friend once said that modern life is made for families of four and I have invariably found this to be true. Except for chicken thighs.
Which is perhaps why I favour chicken thighs over chicken breasts. That and the fact that they are tastier, less dry, and have a better fat content. So I usually have several packages of chicken thighs somewhere in my fridge or freezer for easy weeknight meals just like this one.
And this low carb pizza chicken is a huge hit with my family of five. I’ve made it countless times already and it’s quick to come together on a busy night. At first, I was browning the thighs in a pan and then transferring them to a baking dish. Silly me, it was clearly an extra step that I did not need. And so was born the Easy One Pan Pizza Chicken!
Turns out I am far from the only low carb blogger to have developed a pizza chicken recipe. Check out this Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake from Kalyn’s Kitchen. We had almost identical ideas!
Hope your family loves it as much as mine does.
Looking for more low carb easy chicken skillet dinners?
One-Pan Pizza Chicken
Juicy low carb chicken thighs smothered in pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella. This easy one-pan meal will be a hit with your whole family.
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce (make sure it has no added sugar)
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni (I like this one from Applegate)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat (if it's a cast-iron skillet, be generous with your oil to avoid sticking). Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper and to pan. Cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Pour pizza sauce over chicken thighs, spreading to coat. Arrange pepperoni over chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake 25 minutes, then turn on broiler for a minute or two until cheese is bubbly and browned in spots.
Serves 6 to 8 (about 1 1/2 thighs per serving). For 6 servings, each serving has 2.98 g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 443kcal Total fat: 26.84g Calories from fat: 241 Cholesterol: 202mg Carbohydrate: 3.59g Total dietary fiber: 0.61g Protein: 44.79g