It’s grilling time! Wrap some jumbo shrimp in bacon and serve with a tangy buffalo dipping sauce for an awesome low carb keto summer meal or appetizer. This post is sponsored by Safeway.
Spring has not come gracefully to the Pacific Northwest this year. The best way to describe it is “grudgingly”. Like a petulant child, the weather has scowled and crossed its arms, dragging its feet all the way from winter to summer. It just didn’t want to cooperate, didn’t want to play nice, didn’t want to do anything but rain and rain and rain. And chilly rain at that! Up until a few weeks ago, I was still wearing my winter coat most days.
But finally, finally, we’ve had a taste of sweet spring sunshine. Late spring sunshine that’s really more like summer. And all around me, all over the neighborhood, you can hear people firing up their grills. I stand on my deck, grilling and nodding to my neighbors to the right and left and back of me as they stand on theirs. After a very long, very dreary winter, we are all just more than happy to get outside and get grilling. It’s one of the easiest and tastiest ways to cook.
The moment I saw that sunny weather in the forecast, I practically ran to my local Safeway to load up on things I could throw on the grill. And then I wandered the aisles, looking for a little more inspiration. Their Signature line has such a wide array of products at such great prices. And it all has a 100% money back guarantee. I was delighted to find that they carry their own Buffalo-style wing sauce. My son goes through that stuff like water, putting it on everything he can. So a bottle of Signature Select wing sauce and package of the Signature Farms bacon gave me some serious inspiration. Wrapping bacon around delectable jumbo shrimp and skewering it, then tossing it on the grill and dipping it into a tangy Buffalo Ranch sauce – do I even need to tell you that this was a huge hit?
The Signature products are exclusive to the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Safeway, Albertsons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, Vons and more. The brand includes 6 lines of products (Signature SELECT™, Signature Kitchens®, Signature Farms®, Signature Cafe®, Signature Home™, and Signature Care™), with over 4,000 items, from pantry staples to fresh produce. So you have great options for making any kind of meal.
Now that spring is finally in full swing (FINALLY!), I know I will be putting the Safeway Signature line to good use.
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Shrimp
It's grilling time! Wrap some jumbo shrimp in bacon and serve with a tangy buffalo dipping sauce for an awesome low carb keto summer meal or appetizer.
- 1/4 cup Signature Kitchens mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Signature Select Buffalo-style wing sauce
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk or whole milk
- 1 tbsp Signature Kitchens red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled, tails on (about 16 to 20 shrimp – defrosted if frozen)
- 8 to 10 strips Signature Farms Hickory Smoked Bacon (not thick-sliced)
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar. Shake until well combined.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. If using bamboo skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes in water.
- Pat shrimp dry and cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each shrimp tightly in one half-slice of bacon, starting at the top and winding around to the top of the tail. Thread the shrimp on the skewers so that the skewer runs through each one twice, where the ends of the bacon are (this helps pin the bacon securely to the shrimp during cooking). You should be able to get 4 or 5 shrimp on each skewer.
- Set the skewers on the grill and keep the lid open. Cook until the shrimp is pink and the bacon is nicely browned, about 7 to 10 minutes per side. Keeping the lid open allows the bacon to cook through without over-cooking the shrimp. You may need to push the bacon aside a bit to make sure the shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove and serve on or off the skewers with plenty of dipping sauce.
Many thanks to Safeway for partnering with me to bring you this recipe.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.