These low carb cheddar biscuits are da bomb, my keto friends! Jam packed with cheddar, jalapeño and crispy bacon, they are a delicious low carb side dish for soups, stews, and salads.
Oh man. Ohhhhh man. Life just never goes as planned, does it? You have a vision of how your day will go, you have an idea of how much you will accomplish, you’re feeling good about the direction things are heading. And then BAM! Curveball comes your way and all your plans go to pot. Everything goes awry and you find yourself spending inordinate time on some major issue that you didn’t expect. Like, for example, your middle child falling off a swing and getting her hand caught in the chain, and ripping her pinky finger so badly she needs several stitches. Oh and all the associated drama of blood everywhere and child screaming in pain and you trying to keep it together to keep her calm.
So you find yourself coming home, exhausted, at 5:30pm. Hungry kids in tow and no food prepped at all and tons of work staring you in the face. And that, my friends, is when you need a copy of 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking by Kyndra Holley. This is the kind of book you need when life messes you up and you have nothing keto prepped to eat and you are hungry and tired. 50+ recipes that are easy and delicious. We all need more easy and delicious…am I right?
Okay so in the interest of full disclosure, Kyndra is my friend. But she’s also an incredible recipe and cookbook writer and her recipes are on point. And I’ve been eyeing her biscuits for a long time. That sounds vaguely dirty, doesn’t it? But seriously…Cheddar Jalapeño Bacon Biscuits? BRING IT ON. Especially bring it after a tough day when I don’t have the wherewithal to do much but pull out some leftover soup and plop in front of my family. I needed something to accompany the soup to satisfy my hungry family, and these biscuits were perfect. Easy, flavourful, and quick. And satisfying.
To be honest, I slathered my biscuit with butter, poured myself a big glass of wine and called that dinner. And it was exactly enough for me in that moment.
And the leftover biscuits make amazing breakfast sandwiches too!
Now go get your copy of 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking right now. You know you need this!
Keto Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease 8 wells of a muffin top pan (I did not have a muffin top pan so I used a square brownie pan...presumably you could also use a regular muffin pan).
- Beat the cream cheese and egg together with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add the cheddar cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder and mix using a rubber spatula
- Mix in the almond flour, heavy cream, and water. Fold in the bacon and jalapeño.
- Drop heaping mounds of the dough into the greased wells of the prepared muffin top pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool in the pan before serving.