An epic collection of make ahead keto freezer meals! Everything from breakfast to dessert, plus tips on how to freeze and store food. 50+ keto meal prep recipes.
When I asked readers what they wanted to see during these crazy times, an overwhelming number responded that they wanted more keto freezer meals.
I can totally dig it! We freeze a lot of prepped food to make the keto lifestyle easier. We make big batches of keto soups, chilis, and casseroles all the time and I’ve come to understand what freezes well and what doesn’t.
And because I bake so often, I frequently freeze my keto muffins and cookies. Most keto baked goods freeze very well when sealed up tightly. Getting out as much air as possible is important to avoid freezer burn.
So check out this amazing round up of freezable keto meals and let’s get cooking!
Freezable Keto Dinners
For most casserole recipes, the best way to freeze is to fully cook and cool them first. You can then freeze the entire pan, or divide them up into individual servings.
Wrap them up tightly to avoid freezer burn, and let them thaw completely before re-heating in the oven.
- Easy Keto Taco Pie
- Keto Mediterranean Chicken Bake
- Keto Enchilada Casserole
- Cheesy Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie
- Keto Chili Dog Casserole
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- Keto Mexican Casserole (dairy free)
- Caramelized Onion and Gruyere Quiche
- Grilled Zucchini Lasagna
- Sausage and Spinach Crustless Quiche
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
Keto Soups, Chilis, and Stews
Many stews and soups freeze well after cooking and cooling. Store in non-toxic airtight containers like glass jars and BPA-free plastic.
But steer clear of things with a lot of cream and cream cheese, as these can curdle from the freezing and thawing process. Since cream and cream cheese are usually added at the end of cooking, you can always freeze the soup without these additions and add when you reheat.
- Keto White Chicken Chili (dairy free)
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Keto Italian Wedding Soup
- Keto Short Rib Chili (dairy free)
- Low Carb Hamburger Soup (dairy free)
- Italian Sausage Cauliflower Rice Soup
- Keto Chicken Soup (dairy free)
- Keto Cabbage Roll Soup
- Low Carb Goulash (dairy free)
- Keto Beef & Ale Stew (dairy free)
- All Beef Ancho and Anaheim Chili (dairy free)
- Keto Southwestern Pork Stew (dairy free)
Other Freezable Dinners
Think meaty items like shredded beef and pulled pork, that make and serve a lot of people. Meatballs and meatloaf freeze well too, especially without any sauce. Then they can be thawed and tossed with sauce and zucchini noodles, or added to soups.
- Cheddar Jalapeno Meatballs
- Keto Instant Pot Pulled Pork (dairy free)
- Keto Mexican Shredded Beef (dairy free)
- Keto Chicken Piccata Meatballs
- Keto Carnitas (dairy free)
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken (dairy free)
- Italian Shredded Chicken (dairy free)
- Slow Cooker Italian Shredded Beef
- Instant Pot Butter Beef
- Coconut Curry Chicken Meatballs (dairy free)
Freezable Keto Breakfasts
When it comes to keto make-ahead breakfasts, you have plenty of options. As a general rule, pancakes and waffles freeze well, as do eggy dishes like breakfast casseroles. Cook them completely, let them cool, and the wrap up tightly!
- Slow Cooker Sausage Egg Casserole
- Keto Almond Flour Pancakes (dairy free)
- Zucchini Spice Waffles (dairy free)
- Zucchini Sausage Breakfast Bake
- Sheet Pan Frittata
- Keto Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Eggs Benedict Quiche
- Denver Omelet Muffins
- Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites
- Breakfast Hot Pockets
- Keto McGriddles
- 5 Ingredient Breakfast Casserole
- Keto Breakfast Burrito Quiche
- Artichoke Feta Breakfast Casserole
Freezable Keto Baked Goods
Most almond flour and coconut flour baked goods freeze quite well and can help you prep ahead for busy times. Muffins, scones, biscuits, cookies, and unfrosted cakes are easy to freeze and don’t suffer at all from the freezing and thawing.
Custard based recipes don’t always fare quite as well, because they can change consistency and sometimes get a bit lumpy. But cheesecake freezes very well, and you can divvy them up into individual portions for when the cravings strike.
I have so many freezable keto baked goods, it doesn’t make sense to list them all here but are a few ideas:
- Keto Muffin Recipes – all of these will freeze well.
- Keto Magic Mozzarella Dough – you can freeze this but it does lose elasticity. I recommend rolling it into a pizza crust first, and freezing it unbaked.
- Keto Cookies tend to freeze well, and a few can be frozen unbaked.
- Keto biscuits are very freezer friendly. I will make a big batch and then toss the leftovers into a ziplock bag for another meal down the road.
- Keto cheesecake recipes freeze quite well, as long as they are tightly wrapped.
- Keto Cake Recipes – The general rule of thumb for cakes is to freeze them unfrosted, as frosting can change consistency. But I have sometimes frozen frosted cakes and enjoyed them later, knowing that they may not be quite as good as they would have been fresh.
- Keto Blueberry Scones – really any scones will freeze well.
- Keto Angel Food Cake – yep, this lovely unfrosted cake freezes delightfully well. It can dry out easily so make sure you wrap it up very tightly first.
Mary Ellen says
Would love to have these in one book
Are these recipes available in hard copy cookbook? They look wonderful. Thank you for sharing! Signi
No but it’s an EXCELLENT idea! I may add that to my list of ebook ideas.
Phyllus Lattimer says
How do we get cookbook??
GEORGENE HARKNESS says
When I saw the blurb for this, I thought you were selling a new cookbook. Imagine – all these recipes for FREE! This is absolutely fantastic!
I wish this was in a stand alone cookbook.
The Short Rib Chilli sounds too good not to try.
Reading the directions was surprised not in a slow cooker or hot pot cookers
Just checking to find out can this receipe work in a slow cooker type pot?
was getting ready with the prep list to put together soon.
Must tell you the reciepes I have used hace been all good some better eg. chococo chip cookies,bamama loaf bread
enjoyed. Next sweet treat will be Biscotti just have to decide which one.
I am sure you can do it in a slow cooker or instant pot. Any stew or soup really can be modified for that.
Thanks for putting this together, Carolyn. You make me wish for a larger freezer!!
Erica B says
Thank you for such a large and interesting list, Carolyn!
I often see warnings against freezing soups that contain dairy, but I have frozen dozens of creamy/cheesy soups over the years, and I’ve yet to have one curdle when reheating, both in the microwave and on the stove. My theory is that the higher fat content in creamy keto soups makes them freeze better than those made from standard recipes. Wondering if anyone else has experienced similarly…
Perhaps it does. But it’s also easy to just freeze the broth/meat/veg part and add the cream in after, since that’s usually when cream and cream cheese are added anyway! I’d rather be safe than eating curdled soup. 😉