Keto Pumpkin French Toast Sticks are the best fall breakfast treat! Tender almond flour bread dipped in sugar-free pumpkin spice batter and fried to perfection!
First new keto pumpkin recipe of the season, and it’s a good one! Although, to be fair, I am not in the habit of putting up recipes that aren’t good. I think all of my keto pumpkin recipes are pretty darn tasty.
But these keto pumpkin french toast sticks are truly something special, and they are going to make your fall mornings especially tasty.
What’s not to love? Tender keto bread dipped in a pumpkin spice egg batter and fried to golden brown perfection. Then they are rolled in a sweet cinnamon coating.
Dipped into your favorite keto syrup, they are a pumpkin spice taste sensation!
Light and airy keto bread
Have I sold you yet on these delicious keto french toast sticks? Eager to get going? Well, the first step is to make a light keto bread for the French toast.
This bread recipe actually grew out of the chiffon cake in my cookbook, The Ultimate Guide to Keto Baking. I tested that recipe multiple times and ended up with some in my freezer. On a whim one day, I decided to turn it into french toast.
Oh baby was it good! The cake itself is light and airy from the beaten egg whites, so it dries out well and soaks in that delicious egg batter.
When I got a hankering for Keto Pumpkin French Toast, I knew I could turn this cake into a keto bread. I made a slightly smaller version in a loaf pan, and I also made it less sweet.
Then I cut it into slices and let it dry out over night. Worked like a charm!
How to make Keto French Toast
After you’ve made the bread and let it dry out, this recipe comes together easily. And it’s a family pleaser! My best tips for getting it right:
- Whatever you do, don’t grease the sides of the pan. Similar to keto angel food cake, this bread needs to “climb” the sides of the pan. Greasing the pan will cause your bread to fall more easily.
- Once the bread is cooled, slice it into 12 even slices and lay it on a cooling rack. You can let it dry out overnight or you can place it in a warm of (about 200F) for a few hours, until it feels dry to the touch.
- Cut each slice into three even sticks. This will make 36 keto french toast sticks.
- Whisk the pumpkin spice batter well. The pumpkin likes to sink to the bottom so you may have to whisk it every so often as you are dipping the sticks.
- Allow the sticks to sit in the batter for 30 seconds each, to soak up more of the batter.
- I suggest using butter for the pan, as it makes the keto french toast more golden brown.
- You can make all of the sticks first and then roll in the cinnamon coating, or you can roll them in the coating as they come off the pan.
How to serve and store Keto French Toast
People always want to know what to serve with things like keto pancakes, keto waffles, and keto french toast. There are lots of delicious options for sugar-free syrup out there now.
I like the All-U-Lose brand, and I know that the ChocZero Maple Syrup is also very popular.
Another great thing about these Keto French Toast Sticks is that they can be made ahead. They store really well in a covered container in the fridge, and can be heated up in a toaster oven or microwave.
If you plan on freezing them, I would recommend rolling them in the cinnamon coating after thawing.
Ready to make these delicious Keto Pumpkin French Toast Sticks?
More delicious keto pumpkin breakfast options
- Keto Pumpkin Pancakes
- Keto Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Keto Pumpkin Scones
- Keto Pumpkin Breakfast Bars
- Keto Pumpkin Pecan Bagels
- Keto Dutch Baby Pancake
Keto Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line the very bottom (only the bottom) of a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Do not grease the pan at all.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, whole egg, oil, and water. Whisk the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until they hold very stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites into the batter until well combined and no streaks remain.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake 40 to 50 minutes, until the top is risen, uniformly golden brown, and springs back when pressed. Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan.
- Run a sharp knife around the inside of the pan to loosen and flip out. Remove the bottom parchment.
- Cut into 12 even slices and set on a wire rack to dry out overnight. Then cut each slice into 3 sticks.
Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
- In a wide shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, pumpkin puree, sweetener, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt ¼ of the butter. Dip each stick into the pumpkin mixture, tossing to coat. Allow each stick to absorb the batter for about 30 seconds.
- Add ¼ of the sticks to the pan, but don't crowd them. Cook the sticks on all sides until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Remove to a platter and repeat with the remaining butter, batter, and sticks.
- In a shallow dish, combine the sweetener and cinnamon. Roll the sticks in the coating. Serve warm with butter, or your favorite keto syrup.