Keto strawberry cheesecake for the win! This decadent no bake cheesecake features a creamy smooth strawberry filling, a grain-free chocolate crust, and a sugar-free chocolate topping. A heavenly low carb summer dessert recipe. No need to heat up your oven!
It’s hot and muggy, but you want keto strawberry cheesecake. I hear ya! This No Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake has been one of my most popular summer desserts for a long time. It’s delicious and such an elegant presentation. No one will suspect it’s totally sugar free.
The Joy of Fresh Strawberries
Is it just me or is New England strawberry season taking its sweet time arriving this year? If you don’t live in New England, you probably don’t care, but honestly! I have been waxing poetic about strawberries since mid-April or so and yet a week into June and local strawberries still haven’t arrived.
It’s just been too darn cold and rainy, and even today, when it feels like summer is upon us, those sweet red berries are missing in action. Local strawberry season usually starts at the end of May but I’ve checked most of my favourite U-Pick farms and the strawberries just aren’t ready yet.
With more cool wet weather predicted for this week, I am beginning to wonder if they will ever be ready. Imagine a year where we skip berry season entirely. How sad would that be? I think life might no longer be worth living.
Regardless, I shall persevere and create delicious low carb recipes using strawberries for those of you in strawberry-rich locales. Why should you have to suffer without ways to use up your fresh-picked berries just because my region is lagging behind? I am nothing if not considerate like that.
You can use fresh strawberries to make:
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars (from Well Plated)
- Sugar-Free Frosted Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie (from Give Recipe)
To that end, I took it upon myself to get some non-local berries at Trader Joe’s the other day, so that I could work on a rich, no-bake cheesecake I had been envisioning for a while. It doesn’t hurt that this creation happened to satisfy my craving for chocolate, strawberries and cheesecake all in one fell swoop.
I call it my Chocolate Covered Strawberry No Bake Cheesecake recipe. I also call it insanely delicious. I am pretty sure you will too.
How to make Keto Strawberry Cheesecake
The fact that it is a no bake cheesecake recipe is just the icing on the cake. Or the chocolate ganache on the cake, in this instance.
I started out with the intention of baking the cheesecake but I’ve been playing more and more with healthy grassfed gelatin, working it into my family’s diet where I can. And in a nod to the warm weather that is supposedly approaching, I figured I would skip the oven altogether and set the strawberry cheesecake filling with gelatin.
It worked beautifully and it allowed me to set a border of sliced berries around the outside of the cake to make it look all fancy. And a thick layer of sugar-free chocolate ganache to top it all off.
I am not lying when I say that this low carb, grain-free cheesecake is phenomenal. It is everything I hoped it would be and more, and it really isn’t difficult to make. Now just imagine how good the no bake cheesecake would be if I had picked all the berries myself?
Want this delicious cheesecake but don’t want to make the whole huge thing and have lots of leftovers? You’re in luck! Check out my Mini Strawberry Cheesecake for Two.
No Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake
Strawberry Cheesecake Filling:
- In a 9-inch springform pan, stir together almond flour, cocoa powder and sweetener.
- Add melted butter and mix until well combined. Press firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan. Stand sliced berries upright around edge of crust to create a border. Set aside.
Strawberry Cheesecake Filling:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring strawberries and 1/4 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until strawberries can be mashed with a fork, about 5 minutes. Mash or blend berries into a puree.
- In a small bowl, stir together gelatin and 2 tablespoons water. Let sit 1 minutes. Add to strawberry puree and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let mixture cool while continuing.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream with vanilla until it holds soft peaks. Set aside.
- In another large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sweetener until combined and then beat in berry puree.
- Carefully fold in whipped cream until combined. Spread mixture carefully over crust.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours until set.
- Once set, carefully run a sharp knife around the sides of the pan to loosen (try not to disturb the berry border. Remove sides.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate together, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in powdered sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened but still pourable.
- Pour over top of cake, allowing it to drip down sides.
- Let set 20 minutes before serving.
- For a fun garnish, dip a few fresh strawberries into the ganache and let set, then place on top of cake.