The Best Keto Recipes of 2017! A review of all the amazing low carb and sugar-free recipes from All Day I Dream About Food.
2017 is drawing to a close and that means a time for reflection. Of course, I reflect on many things at this time of year. My ups and downs, my relationships, my family. But most of all, I reflect on my food. Perhaps I should be giving more weight to the other reflections, but let’s face it. I really do dream about food all day and creating recipes is my passion. So I love nothing more than looking back at the end of a year and seeing what was popular and what wasn’t.
And I have to say, 2017 was a very good year for low carb and keto recipes. Some of my all time favourites are on this list, including the Kentucky Butter Cake, the Mexican Cauliflower Rice, and the Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes. And oh, the skillet Snickerdoodle is a must make!
So without further ado, let’s take a walk trip down memory lane…The Top 17 Keto Recipe of 2017!
- Kentucky Butter Cake – this rich, buttery low carb cake was destined to be a favourite from the moment it was made. It is, admittedly, a wee bit tricky to get it to release from the pan. Make sure you’re using a really good bundt pan and you grease it very very well.
2. Mexican Cauliflower Rice Skillet – a keto meal beloved by all who try it! It’s easy, healthy, and it comes together in less than 30 minutes. Yeah, you gotta make this!
3. Slow Cooker Pepper Jack Cauliflower – Well, d’uh! Of course this delectable keto side dish makes the cut! It’s cheesy, it’s got bacon, and you barely have to lift a finger making it.
4. Earthquake Cake – to be honest, I never expected this cake to be so popular. Some people have had a little issue with the cake being dry, so try not to over-bake it. It’s also best baked in a ceramic pan, rather than metal.
5. Classic Chocolate Cake Donuts – possibly the best low carb donuts ever.
6. Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie – Call me crazy, but I always swear this tastes like apple pie. Low carb, grain-free apple pie.
7. Scotcheroos – Caramel, peanut butter, chocolate and…pork rinds? What’s not to love?
8. Blueberry Pancake Bites – Bite-sized keto pancakes! Kids love dipping them.
9. No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars – another little surprise on the list. These didn’t take off when I first debuted them, but I guess their popularity grew over time!
10. Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes – mini keto cheesecakes that taste like your favourite breakfast pastry. It’s no surprise that this recipe is a hit.
11. Pumpkin Breakfast Bars – there had to be some low carb pumpkin recipe on the list! It’s always a popular flavour.
12. Instant Pot Pecan Pie Cheesecake – another “well d’uh!” recipe. This one is awesome and it’s so fun to bake in an Instant Pot.
13. Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge – I stand by my statement…cream cheese does not belong in fudge! Here is a keto peanut butter fudge recipe that mimics the real thing.
15. Naked Fried Chicken – I am delighted to see this recipe on the list. It’s the best low carb fried chicken recipe there is!
16. Classic Blueberry Scones – I am taking some time to re-visit the classics and make them over to healthy low carb versions. This one is a huge hit!
17. Easy Peanut Clusters – this may be my kids’ favourite low carb treat!