Creamy keto salad dressing with almost 0 carbs per serving! This chunky feta dressing is so tangy and delicious, you will want to pour it all over everything. A great way to jazz up your summer salads.
I have found my new favourite keto salad dressing. Or rather, I should say, I’ve CREATED my new favorite keto salad dressing. This chunky feta dressing is heaven in a jar. It’s also fabulous as a dip for veggies and a sauce for grilled meats.
I think I’ve mentioned how much my husband loves feta. He adores my Feta Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf, and we often have the Greek Shrimp for a light meal. And my Feta Spinach Chicken is always a hit with my readers.
This feta dressing is really a copycat of a jarred dressing that we fell in love with. A friend brought Toby’s Greek Feta to our house one day and my husband and I found we couldn’t get enough. I just couldn’t stop dipping my fresh veggies into it.
Alas, the ingredient list on the back made me pause. In Standard American Diet terms, it’s healthy stuff. Mayo, buttermilk, feta, sour cream and some yummy herbs.
In keto diet terms, it has some questionable ingredients. Namely, the mayonnaise. Canola oil and cane sugar? Why does mayonnaise even need sugar at all?
Creating a Keto Feta Salad Dressing
But we liked the darn stuff so much, it was hard to stay away from it. It was clearly time to take matters into my own hands and create an even healthier version.
Toby’s feta dressing is kind of like a ranch or bleu cheese style, with crumbled feta in it. That was what I was trying to emulate here. My first attempt was decent but a little too thin and not tangy enough.
My second attempt, which I actually paired with some souvlaki chicken skewers was spectacular. I simplified it but added more feta. And I found I couldn’t stop taking little swipes of it here and there. You know, running my finger around the rim.
Or accidentally falling into it with a spoon. It happens.
Tips for Creamy Feta Dressing
This might be one of the simplest things in the world to make but I have a few tips for you anyway…
- Grab a mason jar with a tight fitting lid. The best way to make keto salad dressing is to shake it up and get all of those ingredients mixed in. Shake it shake it shake it. Shake it til you make it!
- Use good healthy mayonnaise. I’m a fan of the avocado mayo from Primal Kitchen. It’s not cheap, mind you. But there are no questionable oils or sugars. There are a few other avocado oil mayos out there, and Chosen Foods is pretty good. But I find I prefer Primal Kitchen.
- Apple cider vinegar for zip! The original Toby’s dressing uses red wine vinegar but I reached for the good old ACV.
- A touch of Dijon mustard also brings out the tanginess.
- Use fresh dill. Dried dill can be used in a pinch and you will only want half the amount. But fresh dill is key to making really good ranch, and in this case, feta dressing.
- We love it with fresh ground pepper. If you have a pepper mill, I highly suggest using fresh ground instead of pre-ground pepper.
- Lots and lots of delicious crumbled feta! Don’t skimp here, my friends. This creamy dressing should be packed with the good stuff.
Then let your whole jar of dressing sit in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors meld.
What will you put your creamy feta dressing on?
I’ve got a few ideas for you! Try it on…
Creamy Feta Dressing
- In a large mason jar, combine all of the ingredients. Put the lid on tightly and shake vigorously to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to taste.