This easy Feta Dressing has almost 0 carbs per serving! So tangy and delicious, you will want to pour it all over everything. It’s a great way to jazz up your summer salads.
I have found my new favorite keto salad dressing. Or rather, I should say, I’ve CREATED my new favorite keto salad dressing. This easy feta dressing is heaven in a jar. It’s also fabulous as a dip for veggies and a sauce for grilled meats.
I think I’ve mentioned how much my husband loves feta. We always keep some in the fridge to make Greek Lemon Chicken. And we love to add it to our grilled zucchini in the summertime.
So of course he loves this dressing. I will make a big batch and discover that it’s almost gone within a few days. Sometimes I think he might just drink it straight from the jar!
I have trouble resisting it too, and I find myself taking little swipes of it here and there. Or accidentally falling into it with a spoon. It happens.
Why you will love this recipe
This feta dressing is a keto copycat of Toby’s Greek Feta dressing. A friend brought some to our house one day and my husband and I found we couldn’t get enough. I just couldn’t stop dipping my fresh veggies into it.
It was clearly time to take matters into my own hands and create an even healthier, more keto-friendly version.
Toby’s feta dressing is a thick ranch or bleu cheese style dressing, with plenty of crumbled feta. I worked hard to get the flavors and consistency just right. My first attempt was decent but a little too thin and not quite tangy enough.
My second attempt was spectacular. I simplified the dressing base but added more feta. I made it to go it some souvlaki chicken and it was a perfect pairing. If you love Greek flavors and feta, you will love this dressing.
“Love the versatility of this recipe. Not only do we use it on salad, but it is wonderful with pita chips and steamed artichokes too.” — Rae
“My kids won’t stop eating this – like going into the jar with a spoon! I have made 3 batches in 3 days. This is one of the best salad dressings I have ever tasted. Bonus I am getting the whole family to eat mixed greens every night now!” — JennyB
“I have to admit, when I first read this I thought, ‘How good could it be?’ Now I know, and can never go back. Thanks for sharing, it really elevates…everything!” — Lu
Ingredients you need
- Mayonnaise: Be sure to read the labels on your favorite mayonnaise. Choose one that doesn’t add sugar or other sweeteners that increase the carb count.
- Sour cream: Use full fat sour cream, which is lower in carbs.
- Apple cider vinegar: This gives the dressing a little zip! The original Toby’s dressing uses red wine vinegar but I reached for the good old ACV.
- Crumbled feta cheese: Any variety of feta can be used in this dressing. You can crumble it yourself or buy it in crumbles.
- Fresh dill: Use fresh dill. Dried dill can be used in a pinch and you will only want half the amount. But fresh dill is key to making really good flavorful dressing.
- Garlic: Again, fresh garlic gives tremendous flavor. But you could sub in with powdered garlic if absolutely necessary.
- Dijon mustard: This brings out the tanginess.
- Salt and pepper: Some varieties of feta are very salty, so it is best to use less at first and then adjust the saltiness later.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, garlic, dill, Dijon, salt, and pepper. Stir in the crumbled feta cheese. Alternatively, you can place all of the ingredients in a pint-sized mason jar and shake until combined.
Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
How easy is that???
This might be one of the simplest things in the world to make but I have a few tips for you anyway…
- Grab a mason jar with a tight fitting lid. The best way to make keto salad dressing is to shake it up and get all of those ingredients mixed in. Shake it shake it shake it. Shake it til you make it!
- Use good healthy mayonnaise. I’m a fan of the avocado mayo from Primal Kitchen. It’s not cheap, mind you. But there are no questionable oils or sugars. There are a few other avocado oil mayos out there, and Chosen Foods is pretty good.
- We love it with fresh ground pepper. If you have a pepper mill, I highly suggest using fresh ground instead of pre-ground pepper.
- Lots and lots of delicious crumbled feta! Don’t skimp here, my friends. This creamy dressing should be packed with the good stuff.
Then let your whole jar of dressing sit in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors meld.
Frequently asked questions
I like to keep my feta salad dressing in a mason jar. You can easily give it a good shake each time you use it. If all of your ingredients are fresh, it can last up to one week in the refrigerator.
This keto feta dressing recipe has 0.7g of carbs and 0.1g of fiber per serving. That comes to 0.6g net carbs per 2-tablespoon serving.
Creamy Feta Dressing
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, garlic, dill, Dijon, salt, and pepper. Stir in the crumbled feta cheese. Alternatively, you can place all of the ingredients in a pint-sized mason jar and shake until combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.