The best low carb lemon cream cake now in miniature format! You’re going to love this delicious grain-free treat for two. THM friendly.
I am not going to be my usually chatty, witty, silly little self today. Sorry, friends, I know you come here as much for the conversation as for the recipes. Well, maybe you don’t and you’re thinking “oh man, what a relief that I don’t have to listen to her jabber on, I can just scroll straight to the recipe”. That’s okay too, because the recipe is here for everyone. I just feel I need to give you a quick explanation for the lack of any significant content. I am so used to starting my posts with a cute little anecdote and today, I’ve got nothing.
I have been away from home for the past week attending to some urgent family matters for the past week, and I am still away now. Without getting into it all, let’s just say it’s a tough time right now. So I don’t have much to say for myself and my attention is elsewhere. That said, I do love my blog and I love bringing you recipes. I couldn’t bear to have a week go by without some delectable low carb treat coming your way. I love making them and I love sharing them. They bring me joy…I hope they bring you joy too.
So forgive me if I don’t say much and simply hand you a slice of cake. This is the third in a serious of mini cakes I’ve been making. I don’t know what it is about the mini format that amuses me so much but it does. I’ve made two others, my Mini Classic Yellow Cake and my Mini Chocolate Layer Cake. This little lemon cake is the teeny tiny version of my extremely popular Olive Garden copycat Lemon Cream Cake. This time, I decided to use the THM Baking Blend for the cake itself, but you can easily do this with almond flour instead (instructions in the recipe). And as you can see from some of the photos, I actually made TWO mini cakes, because I wanted one to share with some friends. But I wrote the recipe for just one cake…whether or not you double it and make more is entirely up to you!
Mini Lemon Cream Cake
- ⅓ cup THM Baking Blend (If you'd prefer to just use almond flour, follow the Yellow Cake recipe and simply add the lemon zest)
- 2 tablespoon Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon unflavoured whey protein powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 ½ tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Lemon Cream Frosting:
- 1 ½ ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 2 tablespoon powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice room temperature
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream room temperature
- In a small bowl, whisk together baking blend, sweetener, whey protein, baking powder, and salt. Add egg, butter, water, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined. Divide batter evenly among prepared ramekins or cake pans.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, until center of cake is set and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool, then run a sharp knife around the inside of the ramekins or cake pans to release.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, sweetener, and lemon zest until well combined. Add lemon juice and whipping cream and beat until smooth.
- Spread the first cake layer with half of the frosting. Top with another cake layer and more frosting. Refrigerate about half an hour to set.
Saturated fatty acids: 17.56g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 7.11g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.06g
Total fat: 27.06g
Calories from fat: 243
Total dietary fiber: 6.69g