It’s ooey, it’s gooey, and it serves just one person. Dive into this deep dish, single serve chocolate chip cookie for a serious low carb treat.
I am known for a lot of things, but I am definitely not known for creating single serving recipes. Typically my recipes, whether sweet or savoury, feed at least 4 people, if not more. This makes perfect sense, of course, as I have a family of five and they are remarkably hungry human beings. Since my own metabolism has slowed to a crawl in my 40’s, I am continuously surprised by the amount of food my children can put away. I can barely keep up with their appetites, so large recipes that feed a crowd are the standard in my house. And since we love leftovers and they make for easy weeknight meals, I often double or triple recipes for the week ahead. Let’s just say that when I become an empty nester, I am going to have some issues figuring out quantities.
But many of my readers are empty nesters. Or they haven’t had kids yet. Or they never had kids at all. Some live with their spouses or significant others and some live alone. I am often asked how to cut down my dessert recipes into a manageable size for just one or two people. And I am often stumped. Ummmmmmmm….I am really not sure how to cut down a large layer cake or a huge pan of brownies for one person. I’m honestly not sure it’s even possible and it takes far more mental gymnastics than I am capable of these days to work out the math.
But everyone deserves dessert and I realize that I should not be so biassed toward the large-hungry-family-to-feed crowd. That is extremely unfair of me and I am deeply, deeply apologetic. I truly hope you will forgive my oversight and take these low carb deep dish cookies as just a small token of my regret. Wait, did I say “cookies”? See, it’s a bad habit and one that is very hard for me to overcome. I meant “cookie”. As in one. Just one. Just the perfect size for one lovely person to enjoy anytime of day or night. No need to share. No need to try to freeze some for later so you don’t eat the whole batch. This IS the whole batch!
I will tell you that this recipe can be easily scaled up for more than one person. When I was testing and developing it, I really had to play around with the proportions to get the right gooey cookie consistency. I made it 4 separate times, once scaled up to 4 portions. So it’s the perfect easy, low carb dessert for families of all sizes!
Many thanks to Carla of Chocolate Moosey for the inspiration!
It's ooey, it's gooey, and it serves just one person. Dive into this deep dish, single serve chocolate chip cookie for a serious low carb treat. Inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a small ramekin (about 3 1/2 to 4 inches. You can use a larger one but your cookie will bake faster).
- In a microwave-safe container, melt butter on high for 30 seconds to a minute. Stir in powdered sweetener until dissolved. Stir in vanilla, baking soda, egg white, and liquid stevia, if using.
- Stir in almond flour until well combined and then stir in most of the chocolate chips, saving a few to press into the top of the cookie.
- Scrape batter into prepared ramekin and press remaining chocolate chips into the top. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges but the middle is still a little soft to the touch.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes before eating.
- Top with your favourite low carb vanilla ice cream for a serious treat (I topped mine with So Delicious Vanilla Bean No Sugar Added
Serves 1. Total NET CARBS = 4.4 g.
Food energy: 266kcal Total fat: 23.88g Calories from fat: 214 Cholesterol: 30mg Carbohydrate: 7.98g Total dietary fiber: 3.58g Protein: 6.39g