This keto ice cream cake is a stunning layered dessert that will delight the whole family. And it’s easy to make, with no churn ice cream, sugar free brownie crumble, and a chocolate ganache glaze. Everyone will think you slaved over it!
Okay, stop whatever you’re doing, drop all your plans, and run to the kitchen to make this sugar-free ice cream cake. Because it is absolutely phenomenal and worthy of all your celebrations.
Despite appearances to the contrary, it’s actually very easy to make. People will think you slaved over it. Don’t worry, it’s our little secret.
Add this one to your list of must make keto ice cream recipes. I’m still dreaming about this cake and I will be making it again very soon.
Customizable Ice Cream Cake
One of the best parts about this sugar free ice cream cake is that you can pick your flavors and customize it to your own taste. You can also choose to make the keto ice cream from scratch or use your favorite store-bought brand.
I used my keto coffee ice cream because it’s an simple no-churn recipe. And you can easily make this vanilla as well (just leave out the instant coffee). Or you could make it with my no churn keto strawberry ice cream instead.
As for the crispy brownie crumble, I used the HighKey Brownie Bites. But you have plenty of options there too, both homemade and purchased. As long as it’s a crispy style cookie, any flavor would work.
If you want a homemade brownie crumble, try my keto brownie bark. You will only need about one-quarter of the recipe for this sugar-free ice cream cake.
How to make sugar free ice cream cake
Once you’ve chosen the ice cream and the cookie crumble, it’s easy to put this loaf pan keto ice cream cake together. Here’s how it’s done:
- Keto ice cream of choice (at least 2 pints or 4 cups)
- Cookie crumble of choice (about ¾ cup of coarse crumbs)
- 1 ½ ounces sugar free chocolate (I used ChocZero chips)
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan. You can use either plastic wrap or parchment paper, but be sure to cover the pan completely.
- Spread with ⅓ of the ice cream. If using no-churn keto ice cream, don’t do the final freezing step. If using store-bought keto ice cream, you will need to soften it for about 30 minutes first.
- Freeze 1 hour. Freezing the softened ice cream before adding the crumble helps keep it crispy and give the cake a contrast of textures.
- Sprinkle on ⅓ of the crumble.
- Repeat 2 more times. Make sure to freeze the cake every time you add a layer of ice cream.
- Remove from the pan. The cake may stick a bit when it’s right out of the freezer. Just let it sit out 10 minutes before removing the pan.
- Make the ganache. Then drizzle it overtop!
- Slice and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions
You sure can! A few things to keep in mind: you will need at least two pints of ice cream for this recipe. You will also need to soften it for at least 30 minutes before you can spread it in the pan.
If you have a dairy free keto ice cream you love, you can use it in this keto ice cream cake. Make sure whatever cookies you use for the crumble are also dairy free. And make the ganache with coconut cream instead of heavy cream.
Yes! The beauty of frozen desserts like this is that you can easily make them ahead of time. I recommend making the ganache on the day you plan to serve, to keep it shiny.
In the freezer, of course! Place it on a platter and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. You can even put it back in the pan for storage. It will keep for up to two months.
More delicious keto ice cream creations
- Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- Easy Ice Cream Truffles
- Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream Pie
- Keto Ice Cream Bars
Easy Sugar Free Ice Cream Cake
Ice Cream Cake
- 1 ½ ounces dark chocolate chips, sugar-free
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
Ice Cream Cake
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Prepare the ice cream according to the directions but don't freeze. Spread one third (about 1 and ⅓ cups) of the mixture in the prepared pan. Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Crush the brownie bites using a rolling pin or a kitchen mallet. Remove the pan from the freezer and sprinkle with ⅓ of the crushed brownie bites.
- Repeat this process two more times. Freeze the whole cake overnight.
- Let the cake sit out for about 10 minutes, then turn the whole loaf pan upside down on a serving platter. Lift off the pan and then remove the plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a pan or in the microwave until simmering. Pour over the chocolate chips and let sit 5 minutes to melt.
- Whisk until smooth, then drizzle over the top of the ice cream cake.
- Serve immediately or return to the freezer until you are ready to serve.