The Weekend Voyeur – Food for the Fourth

If you are anything like me, you still haven’t really finalized your food plans for the Fourth of July. You keep casting around, hoping you haven’t missed some fabulous recipe that will be the hit of the party. Well, just in case you needed a little last-minute inspiration, I’ve collected some delicious links from around the web, including a few of my own, that I think would be great at any Independence Day celebration. Have a safe and happy Fourth, everyone!

DRINKS

Goat Cheese Salad with Raspberry Dressing from Creative Culinary

Grilled Stuffed Peppers from Shabbots Habits

MAIN COURSE

Andouille and Beef Burgers with Spicy Mayo and Caramelized Onions

Baby Back Ribs with Fiery Peach BBQ Sauce from Kitchen Confidante

Classic Lobster Roll from Feast on the Cheap

Chili-Onion Sirloin Skewers with Tomato Chipotle Dipping Sauce from Tasty Trials

DESSERTS

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Cheesecake Popsicles from Dessert for Two

Giant Firework Shortbread Cookies from Babble Family Kitchen

Red, White and Blue Candy Bars from Cherry Tea Cakes

Watermelon Mojito Sorbet from Cookin’ Canuck

Comments

1. Maris (In Good Taste) says:

This is a fabulous round up of recipes. Thank you so much for including my watermelon, feta and basil salad with this talented group of bloggers! Have a happy and safe 4th!

Love all the suggestions but I really want those peanut butter brownie bites!

3. Barbara | Creative Culinary says:

Thanks so much for including my goat cheese salad with raspberry dressing!

So many great recipes; 11:18 am and not even breakfast in my belly yet and now I'm really starving!

4. Maureen says:

Holy cow! I gained ten pounds scrolling through the list. What a fabulous list of recipes!

I have several of these recipes in my bookmarks already. Can't wait to try them.

Happy 4th of July!

5. Roxana GreenGirl says:

such a delicious round-up Carolyn. Can't wait to check them out!
    Happy 4th of July.

p.s. my mother in law gave your yogurt Popsicle an A+. They were amazing!!! Thanks

6. Elina (Russian Bites) says:

What a fantastic list! I decided on a dessert to bring to a bbq but winging it with the rest… maybe some grilled veggies and burgers? We'll see what happens :)

7. Tiffany says:

All around YUM!

8. Lynn @ I'll Have What She's Having says:

Thanks for including me in such a great roundup! That burger looks incredible!

9. Great roundup for the holiday weekend! Thanks so much for including my skewers!
    I'm intrigued by your chilled gauc soup…it just screams summer to me!
    Hope you had a great weekend Carolyn!

10. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen says:

Wow what a roundup! I am starving just going through the list! Thanks for including my Sweet Pepper Poppers!

11. Nami @ Just One Cookbook says:

This is a great list – I'm bookmarking for next year's 4th or another party occasion!

12. That's a great list of recipes, Carolyn. It will be bookmarked for my next dinner party – I'm always looking for new ideas :).

13. DessertForTwo says:

Awww, thanks so much for including my cheesecake popsicles in your recipe roundup :)