This is ultimate list of keto-friendly snacks to keep you satisfied all day long. More than 60 healthy snack ideas to help you conquer those cravings and stick to your ketogenic diet. Plus a recipe for delicious Keto Pretzel Bites!
The ketogenic diet is not that hard. I repeat, the ketogenic diet is NOT that hard. I should know, I’ve been doing it for years now. And it truly is second nature now.
But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t take some work and some preparation, especially for beginners. And having some easy keto snacks close at hand can make all the difference. You are far less likely to succumb to temptation if you are surrounded by healthier options.
What snacks can I eat on keto?
With the popularity of the keto diet, it’s easier than ever to load up on keto snacks. But don’t be fooled, as many foods that are labeled keto-friendly aren’t healthy options. And some aren’t truly low carb at all.
It pays to be a label reader and to take a critical look at the ingredient list. And if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!
When in doubt, reach for the real, whole food options like cheese, nuts, or hard-boiled eggs. But be wary of things like jerky and pepperoni sticks, as many contain added sugars.
And to help you even more, I’ve compiled this list of great keto snack options so you never have to go hungry. It includes both items you need to make yourself as well as pre-made items you can purchase.
With a little advanced planning, you will find that it’s easy to stick to your healthy diet.
And don’t miss my great recipe for Keto Pretzel Bites below! It’s one of my family’s favorites.
How to use this list
To make it even easier to find what you’re looking for, I’ve divided these healthy snacks into 4 categories:
- Sweet Keto Snacks
- Savory Keto Snacks
- Keto Snacks to Buy
- Easy Grocery Store Options
I am not going to lie, this list took me a long time to put together. There are over 60 low carb snack ideas here! But you know what? It was time well spent. Because I need these ideas just as much as you do. Snack on, keto friends.
Got a sweet tooth? Then these low carb snack ideas are for you!
- Keto Granola
- Chewy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Bark
- Keto Peanut Butter Cups
- Homemade Sugar-Free Nutella
- Chocolate Truffles
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Keto Chocolate Donuts
- Homemade Keto Graham Crackers
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- Cranberry Pecan Biscotti
- Keto Blueberry Muffins
- Thin Mint Cookies
- Caramel Frappuccino
- Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate Mix
- Easy Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
- Toffee Peanuts
- Avocado Smoothies
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Dairy-Free Peppermint Patties
- Keto Cheesecake Bites
Prefer crunchy and salty over sweet? Take a gander at these savory snacks.
- Keto Cheese Crackers
- Rosemary Parmesan Crackers (nut-free!)
- Zucchini Chips with Smoked Paprika
- Everything Bagel Cucumber Bites
- Keto Corn Dog Nuggets
- Everything Bagel Pull Apart Bread
- Buffalo Chicken Sausage Balls
- Mini Pizza Muffins
- Cheddar Jalapeno Muffins
- Denver Omelet Muffins
- Keto Cheese Straws
- Spanakopita Hand Pies
- Cheddar Jalapeno Meatballs
- Chipotle Cheddar Crisps
- Cheddar Zucchini Waffles
Keto Snacks to Buy
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pork rinds: Not all pork rinds are created equal, of course, and some are pretty junky. My favorite brand is Pork King Good.
Keto Crackers: Several brands have snack crackers out now but the best I’ve tried is Real Phat Foods. Thin, crisp, and spectacular flavor!
Meat Sticks: Again, not all are created equal and some even contain sugar so read your labels! I love the Grassfed Beef Sticks from Paleo Valley.
Keto Cookies: Previously, I would have said that no pre-packaged keto cookies were any good. But now there are several great brands. My top picks are the mini cookies from HighKey Snacks or Super Fat.
Keto Protein Bars: I have finally found a keto protein bar with good macros, good ingredients, and great flavor! Check out the Think Keto Bars, but make sure you are getting the keto version, as they have a conventional line of bars as well.
Keto Chocolate: More and more companies are getting into the keto candy bar game. My top picks are ChocZero and Lily’s. They both carry great flavors of bars and peanut butter cups. If you choose ChocZero, use FOODDREAMER at check out for 10% off your order.
Keto Cereal: Who doesn’t love snacking on a handful of cereal? My favorite is the new cereals from Perfect Keto, as they are truly crunchy, have clean ingredients, and great flavor. There are some good keto granolas too, like Keto & Co.
Cheese Crisps: We love the ones from Whisps.
Keto Krate: Keto subscription boxes are a great option if you’re looking to explore new and interesting keto snacks. Keto Krate is my favorite and I’ve been getting it for years!
Snacks from the grocery store
Cheese sticks – What’s your fancy? Cheddar? Mozzarella? They’ve got cheese sticks and individual servings of all kinds.
Salami – Buy a big stick or some of the little individual cuts.
Hard boiled eggs – Many stores carry them already to go for you!
Seaweed snacks – They aren’t very filling but they are great when the munchies hit.
Avocado – Just cut it in half and eat it with a spoon! Or buy some pre-made guacamole.
Nuts – Walnuts, pecans, almonds, oh my! And macadamia nuts are like little fat bombs unto themselves.
Nut butters – All you need is a spoon!
Celery sticks or cucumber slices – Grab yourself a bottle of ranch dressing for dipping. Or simply spread with some cream cheese.
Pumpkin seeds – Lots of fun, unique flavors out there from a number of brands.
Smoked salmon – I can eat this straight up, just popping pieces into my mouth. But it’s also great with a little cream cheese and a few capers.
Tuna pouches – There are some good flavors out there, just be sure to read the label for added carbs.
Pickles and Olives – I like them spicy! Other pickled veggies, like green beans and cauliflower, are great too.
The Best Keto Snacks Recipe
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut flour divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 6 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Coarse sea salt
- Sugar-free Honey Mustard for dipping
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ¼ cup of the coconut flour, the baking powder, garlic powder, and xanthan gum.
- Place the cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl and cook on high in 30- second increments until well melted so that the cheese can easily be stirred together.
- Add the flour mixture, then add the egg. Using a silicone spatula, work the flour and egg into the cheese, kneading the dough up against the side of the bowl.
- Dust a work surface with the remaining tablespoon of coconut flour. Turn the dough out onto the work surface and knead with your hands until cohesive. If the dough is still very sticky, dust lightly with more coconut flour until it no longer sticks to your hands.
- Divide the dough into 4 even portions and roll each portion out into an 8- inch log. Cut each log into 8 pieces.
To Air Fry
- Brush the air fryer rack lightly with oil. Place the pretzel bites on the rack, not touching, and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with coarse salt and press lightly to help it adhere to the dough.
- Air fry at 350ºF for 5 to 6 minutes, until they are puffed and golden brown.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease a baking rack and set over a rimmed baking sheet. Place the pretzel bites on the rack, not touching, and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with coarse salt and press lightly to help it adhere to the dough.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
This list is packed with delicious snack options! I’ve tried so many and shared it with our keto friends!
Laura Reese says
This is amazing! I needed these type of snacks so bad! It will make keto so much easier!
this is the perfect post for me! I am trying to live the gluten free life, and this makes all the difference
Elizabeth Landon says
I don’t see your keto cheese crackers with pepper jack. I just call them spicy cheese crackers. They may be the best thing I’ve ever put in my mouth! Love them!! For variety I’ll make some with colby jack instead for those who don’t like it spicy. Seriously good.
Oh I Carolyn,
Where have you been all my keto life?
I have managed to start my journey over Christmas with out looking back. In fact, I am super excited. Thank you so much for your beautiful creative recipes.
Alyssa L Griggs says
This list is amazing, thank you so much!
So glad it helps!
Roma Payne says
Hello Carolyn! I just love all your stuff! I have followed you from your beginnings and admire you immensely! I refer you often and have listed you as a Go~To in my book. I know first hand what it is like to alter and create KETO recipe’s. My husband (a retired doc) and I have held free workshops, educating any and all how to be in harmony with human genetics and biochemistry since 2009. It is a thrill to see the validity of the properly formulated Ketogenic Therapeutic Diet today. When we began this journey you could see a blank bug-eyed wash over everyone’s face when when told no more wheat/grains/sugar! We were crazy & KETO was just another FAD diet. We started with various handouts of current science and in depth understanding of human biochemistry that evolved into our text book and recipe book, I would like to send you copies if you will please share your mailing address. I would also like to know where I can send a contribution to keep you doing your valuable work. Thank you for your perseverance and integrity in a world where many are just out there to make a profit. Thanks again & KETO ON!
Thanks so much for sharing this comprehensive list of snacks. I have such a hard time figuring out low carb snacks. This list will help a lot!
thanks a lot
Miriam Kanter says
Another snack idea: Italian snacking lupini beans Comes in flavors in pouches. High protein and very low carb